Police arrest woman for online fraud - many victims fell for the con

webfact

Police arrest woman for online fraud - many victims fell for the con

p5.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok police have announced the arrest of an internet fraudster who was conning people on Facebook.

Her modus operandi was to offer goods such as phones for sale and arrange for menial work to be done from home for payment, reported Thairath.

She got her victims to send deposits for the goods or for equipment needed to set up the work at home - then disappeared.

Anchalee Thuamsiri, 29, was rounded up at a motorcycle park near some flats in the Prakhanong area of Bangkok yesterday evening.

The Samut Prakarn native was wanted on a warrant for fraud issued back in March.

A site entitled "Arrest Anchalee Thuamsiri" had been set up on Facebook so that dozens of victims could get action from the police.

Victims were promised things like phones for sale - Anchalee used fake pictures to lure them. 

She also promised convenient work from home to make extra money - she said she would provide equipment to package rubber bands and fold coffee packets but after taking the money she supplied nothing.

She admitted she had been running the scam since 2014 and was detained.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-15

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

How can people be so gullible as to send money upfront to someone like that on a facebook profile?

I am more than happy to explain to you how this happens, please check my Facebook page lazygreedystupididiots.

Alternatively you can transfer 500Baht direct to me, I guarantee a 45% return within 4 days.

I also have contacts in Nigeria who wish to move money abroad.