Houses for rent in Chanthaburi

Golden Triangle

I've been thinking of relocating to Chanthaburi, the Mrs family are there and not getting any younger, I know the area generally but not all that well, anyhow, I'm interested in a 2 or 3 bed house, fully furnished, similar to what I have now, does anyone know of places for rent and what sort of prices that they may be asking ? I have tried Google but to no avail, any help appreciated as to sites to visit etc to find them.

I do know that from past experience that there aren't too many Westerners there, my visits to Tesco, Big C & Robinsons have confirmed this, but the empty beaches, cheap restaurants and the like make me think it could be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Since there are not many farang around things are done a little different than you might be used to. Mostly it is word of mouth. Find an area you are interested in then ask around. That will give the best results.

For a general idea of prices, although extremely limited options, look here http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-for-rent?region_code=TH22&market=residential

Where in Chanthaburi province are you aiming for? We've been 15km from Chan city since 2011; as others have said, ask around there's very little in the way of formal advertisement for rentals. Fully furnished is less common in my exp.

Chan's not for everyone, seen many come here and leave due to isolation, lack of English speakers, English signs - often in Thai script only.

What you do is stop by the little mom and pop convenience stores. Make a small purchase and casually ask if they know of any places for rent. These stores are the neighborhood information hub. Everybody stops in and shares gossip. Don't  be surprised if they check with the owners of vacant houses to see if they are interested in renting it out. This could be done just to help out a neighbor or to get a commision, but they usually enjoy doing it. If they show no interest, try another shop. Just casually let people  know you have an interest and if there is something available they will come to you.

Basically, you don't look for places, you just let  people know you are looking and they will look for you.

Be wary of the families help. They may be great people but they may have a different agenda than you and try to steer you to something that they prefer rather than what is best for you.

Edited by Tim207

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am new here. But I am not new to Chantaburi.

I used to live in Ta Mai, district close to Chantaburi city for short period.

Chantaburi is place for everyone who like sea, fruit (Durian, Mangosteen and etc, jewelry ( in City) But it is quiet place mostly. 

There are some good resorts - Lam Singh which you can stay for months among local people.

Safety is one matter that you should care for yourself.

There are a lot of tourist places which not like Pattaya, but unique.

^ hi, we first visited Tha Mai late 2010, and moved here March 2011 having decided Chan city wasn't for us. Ideal location, half way between city and coast, approx 9000 population (?), wife works near Noen Sung (reason we moved to Chan) so either location was an option; and after first two years we moved from central TM to a house about 1km from the clocktower, handy enough but gave us some more space. Seen a few foreigners come and go, the lack of western services puts them off. Suits me fine, fantastic cycling region, quiet beaches and easy trip to Suvarnabhumi as I work out of Thailand at times