Independent movies/films/cinema in Thailand

james24

Hey guys

i rewatched "the rocket" the other day (great movie btw) and it got me thinking, what's the independent movie scene in Thailand like?

Can anyone recommend any decent film studios, directors or movies to watch which may come under that "independent, arty" kind of umbrella??

The rocket is actually a Laos/Ozzie movie but that kind of mood, bracket if that makes sense

thanks guys

Truly,i was in a film here a few years ago.It was called 'Teddy Bear'

It was a Swedish/Thai film industry . It ca be googled.It was about a guy who was looking after his old mum,and came here for a holiday.He lost track of the girl,and came back to find her.He was a big body builder.There were 3 of us and we had to go to the Crystal Palace hotel in Nacluer.We had to do screen tests.It was great.We saw the star but not allowed to talk to him.We had to play the part of drunken felangs on soi 7.i had 3 Thai birds hanging off me for one scene.My last scene was that i had to walk across the road on to beach road.Were were treated well,we ate on the set in the restaurant they set up and we got paid 1500 B each.We didnt have to have work permits,because it was parts that only ferangs could play.

It was a great night.Good fun,good food and we got paid at the end of the night in cash.

Sanuk 711.yes it was a fantasy movie,because i am one of the good guys and would never dream of being drunk on a Pattaya soi,or letting 3 nubile,girlies hang off me.Good lord,i would never be associated with that type of behaviourHow dare you suggest it.Well, maybe on days with a D:biggrin: in them.

On 29 September 2016 at 8:46 AM, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Truly,i was in a film here a few years ago.It was called 'Teddy Bear'

It was a Swedish/Thai film industry . It ca be googled.It was about a guy who was looking after his old mum,and came here for a holiday.He lost track of the girl,and came back to find her.He was a big body builder.There were 3 of us and we had to go to the Crystal Palace hotel in Nacluer.We had to do screen tests.It was great.We saw the star but not allowed to talk to him.We had to play the part of drunken felangs on soi 7.i had 3 Thai birds hanging off me for one scene.My last scene was that i had to walk across the road on to beach road.Were were treated well,we ate on the set in the restaurant they set up and we got paid 1500 B each.We didnt have to have work permits,because it was parts that only ferangs could play.

It was a great night.Good fun,good food and we got paid at the end of the night in cash.

Gonna look for this tonight! :-)