Police hunt two men for Phuket souvenir shop theft

webfact

Police hunt two men for Phuket souvenir shop theft

Eakkapop Thongtub

1475551242_1-org.jpg

The souvenir shop’s CCTV caught one of the men clearly in act. Image: CCTV

PHUKET: -- Police are looking for two men after CCTV captured one of them breaking into a local souvenir shop and stealing more than B20,000 worth of jewellery and cash.

Wittaya Sriularawat, 32, the manager of the Baba’s souvenir store, located on the spur road from Phuket International Airport to Thepkrasattri Rd (Route 4026), reported the robbery after he arrived for work at 8am yesterday (Oct 3).

“The shop opened about a year ago and this morning I came to open the shop as usual when I found the window slightly opened, so I went inside to check,” Mr Wittaya told The Phuket News.

“I called police right away after I discovered several items were missing,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-hunt-two-men-for-phuket-souvenir-shop-theft-59344.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-04

Funny place to have a souvenir shop: close to an airport. Visitors who are leaving the country will have already bought what they want during their stay and those that have just arrived are usually more interested in getting to their hotel a.s.a.p. especially after a long flight.

Could be one of those scammers stores which unscrupulous taxi drivers stop at to get their passengers to buy junk so that they can earn commission.