dentist recommendation required Chaing mai

jippytum

Went to dental4u last year..ripoff!  they advertise procedures by price in such a way as 

for ex.

filling 800baht -1500baht

I had a chipped tooth ...a SMALL chip. What did this  #@$%# want?  Yep! 1500baht,  Pulled the same @#$% with two of the other procedures I wanted..Theives.

If you haven't already made a decision, try Dr. Pavitra at Bangkok-CM Hospital.  You can check out her CV at the hospital's site.  She studied dentistry at the Univ. of Michigan in the USA and practiced in the USA for a short while. 

After two bad experiences with dentists in CM, I have been very happy with her. 

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Whoa, pricey places being mentioned here. No need, there's loads and loads of really good quality dentists in Chiang Mai and you'll pay only a quarter of what some of the others will charge. CMU Dental School would be a brilliant start, the cost will be 10 percent of grace and elite but the quality just the same..

Dental schools?  Wait till class is in session, oh a problem today, next week the soonest.

Someone thinks dental schools charge only 10% of standard fees, what a dreamer.

Can you speak english?   no i'm from the countryside so i need to find the instructor, oops she's on coffee break.  Wait 20 mins in chair plz.  

15 hours ago, jobin said:

I've been going to Grace Dental, NimmanHaeman area, very near Green Palace hotel.  Excellent service for 3 yrs.  No complaints.  English spoken, western trained.

Another vote for Grace. I wouldn't contemplate anywhere else.

On 10/7/2016 at 6:34 AM, DKNY77 said:

Went to dental4u last year..ripoff!  they advertise procedures by price in such a way as 

for ex.

filling 800baht -1500baht

I had a chipped tooth ...a SMALL chip. What did this  #@$%# want?  Yep! 1500baht,  Pulled the same @#$% with two of the other procedures I wanted..Theives.

Yep, be wary of Dental 4U wanted to do unnecessary work for me. I would not trust them !

22 hours ago, jobin said:

Dental schools?  Wait till class is in session, oh a problem today, next week the soonest.

Someone thinks dental schools charge only 10% of standard fees, what a dreamer.

Can you speak english?   no i'm from the countryside so i need to find the instructor, oops she's on coffee break.  Wait 20 mins in chair plz.  

No, I said 10% of Grace fees!

We've had different experiences it seems.

14 hours ago, rogeroc said:

Yep, be wary of Dental 4U wanted to do unnecessary work for me. I would not trust them !

I've had excellent treatment (lots of it) at Dental4U.  It's possible that in the future you will find that the work wasn't so unnecessary after all.  OTOH, maybe you are a dentist yourself so you know what's best. 

22 hours ago, lkn said:

After the experience described below, I am hesitant to pick a random dentist here, and would definitely not let price guide me.

Your comment is quite funny on that thread that you had better experiences at one place (over that of Elite) because "Thai people recommended it". At least 90% of all patients at Elite are Thai people. I've also run into some of the top doctors in town while waiting in the waiting room there. They too, were waiting to see Elite dentists. It's always best to pick a specific dentist and not just pick the clinic.