Layan beach

swbaggies

Just a quick heads up..  I went to layan beach today,  the part next to dream.  Was told I had to pay 40 bahts.  I showed my Thai dl which normally gets me past these tourist charges most places and was told I had to pay...  I have Never had to pay on this beach before so not sure if someone just trying their luck..  I didn't wanna risk my bike being damaged if refused to pay so I just went a buy further down the beach

Edited by swbaggies

If you are facing the ocean the area immediately to the left of dream is private property the area to the right of dream is public property. The little car park opposite dream is private property. I have never been asked for money to lark in the area to the right of Dream which is public property. Having said that I've never been ask fir money to park in the area to the left of dream either but I do normally buy something at the restaurant there.

If your facing dream and the ocean it was the little car park to the right of dream,  from memory it is the car park that seems to have a government  building on it? .. I've never been asked to pay either

Edited by swbaggies

10 hours ago, stuarty said:

@AJBangkok

I agree with your understanding, but as to how that "private" property ended up being built on at the beachfront, I guess we will have to keep wondering. 

Yee no brown envelopes changing hands here ????  :cheesy:

I use to go to Layan but after (was it Niki it was called when first started?) I don't go there any more. :angry:

I'm waiting for the day they knock that ugly construction down. 

But I'm probably in for a long long wait :sleep: