Thaivisa exclusive: Dutch man arrested for wife's murder in Thailand

rooster59

Interesting turn around here.

Some years ago, the Dutch government pressured the Thai's to re-open a cold case from ten years earlier in Pattaya where a very wealthy and prominent Dutch entrepreneur had been brutally murdered and his body burned. His Thai wife had been a suspect but was never indicted.

When the Thai police re-opened the case, they got the wife's secret boyfriend to flip and she was ultimately convicted of the murder and sentenced to life. 

20 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

It would be jnteresting to follow this one.

So Bert is not in Thailand?

If he is in custody in Holland then will he be tried there or returned to Thailand where the crime took place?

Will the Danish courts consider Bert can receive a fair trial in Thailand? 

Not quite sure what the Danish courts have to do with a Dutch citizen who is presently in the Netherlands and allegedly committed a crime in Thailand....

8 hours ago, gdgbb said:

"Quit being so critical"?  Bloody hell, take a look at your first post on this and then see who needs to quit being critical.

Easy easy with the bloody hell part your blood pressure is rising. Lighten up. The world is not ending yet well at least not for another four years. Again take a pill

Edited by elgordo38

19 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

I hate to get in the way of your usual  Thai bashing but the Thai police completed the investigation. They only had trouble tracking down the husband and so they asked the assistance of the country he was a citizen of...which is how it works every day with the law enforcement communities of the world.

The Dutch police did not travel to Thailand and perform the investigation. They simply reviewed the request of the Thai police and tracked Bert down right there at home.

Thanks for correcting me. In being human sometimes you make mistakes fact of life. There is a nice and a not so nice way in correcting people. You have chosen the later. Again your human. I am an occasional restrained Thai basher and goodness knows there is lots of material out there to work with endless in fact. In the end you can always skip over my posts it would not hurt my feelings and I do not wish to raise your blood pressure. Have a good day. 

On 13/11/2016 at 11:41 AM, elgordo38 said:

Easy easy with the bloody hell part your blood pressure is rising. Lighten up. The world is not ending yet well at least not for another four years. Again take a pill

It's a shame that pharmacies don't stock a pill to alleviate the symptoms of hypocrisy, it seems that you're the one who needs a pill.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:40 PM, ClutchClark said:

I hate to get in the way of your usual  Thai bashing but the Thai police completed the investigation. They only had trouble tracking down the husband and so they asked the assistance of the country he was a citizen of...which is how it works every day with the law enforcement communities of the world.

The Dutch police did not travel to Thailand and perform the investigation. They simply reviewed the request of the Thai police and tracked Bert down right there at home.

No ones heard of Shane Looker suspected in the body in the  suitcase, for a while now, even though Interpol are looking for him.