Ideas For New Years Eve

Gillibobs

Hello all,

My partner and I are flying into Bangkok for the start of our holiday in thailand on the 30th Dec and are wondering what to do on New Years Eve.

We initially found some info on the parties that the big riverside hotels put on, and were also looking at Vertigo and Sirocco but all these seem to be around £180 per head which is far too expensive.

So we are looking for other ideas. We probably want somewhere that either does a meal and entertainment, similar to the above, basically somewhere for a young couple. We're probably not looking at a night of clubbing or anything although will definitely require a drink or a few!!!!

All help much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

I am also interested in hearing people's experiences with the various options for NYE in Bangkok.

The hotel packages seem to be all pretty much the same but if there's anyone out there who's been to any of them in the past why not share the experience with us?

I hope it's a happy night for all regardless of where you get to!! :o

Hello all,

My partner and I are flying into Bangkok for the start of our holiday in thailand on the 30th Dec and are wondering what to do on New Years Eve.

We initially found some info on the parties that the big riverside hotels put on, and were also looking at Vertigo and Sirocco but all these seem to be around £180 per head which is far too expensive.

So we are looking for other ideas. We probably want somewhere that either does a meal and entertainment, similar to the above, basically somewhere for a young couple. We're probably not looking at a night of clubbing or anything although will definitely require a drink or a few!!!!

All help much appreciated!

Thats about the going rate, bearing in mind the location and the fact that the river hotels are 5* hotels.

The bigger problem for you however will be finding a place that has availability