Chuwit expected to be released from prison on Friday

webfact

Chuwit expected to be released from prison on Friday

643_Chuwit.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Rak Thailand Party leader Chuwit Kamolvisit is among the first group of prisoners to be released from prisons on Friday after they were granted Royal pardon on the occasion of the accession to the throne of HM King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun.

An informed source close to the Corrections Department said that over 10,000 prisoners in Bangkok’s eight prisons, including Chuwit, would be released.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chuwit-expected-released-prison-friday/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-16

9 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

There's a new thread quoting him as saying he will be a ' model citizen ' but the thread's locked.

What makes him so special that he's now a  ' protected person '  and comment isn't permitted ?

That topic is locked as it appears to be a duplicate and perhaps posted in error.  As this one is not locked, you can make your comments related to the topic in this thread.  

24 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

There's a new thread quoting him as saying he will be a ' model citizen ' but the thread's locked.

What makes him so special that he's now a  ' protected person '  and comment isn't permitted ?

And also mentioning that he will go to visit the US for his daughter graduation,

I somehow doubt he can, now that he's a convicted criminal.....

Just now, ezzra said:

And also mentioning that he will go to visit the US for his daughter graduation,

I somehow doubt he can, now that he's a convicted criminal.....

Now that's a great point so we can standby for more headlines when his visa application's knocked back.

In the same vein it's all gone quiet about the issue surrounding the ' motivational speaker ' who was refused.

I highly doubt he was ever in prison for more than a couple of hours, ever.

There was a carefully staged photo op of him in prison uniform engaged in some sort of clerical duties in a prison, a few months ago.

I should imagine it took a couple of hours to kit him out, rehearse and generally set up.