Channel Hopper TV

petedk

I was just surfing the internet and stumbled upon this company.

According to the website they provide "buffer free" streaming of UK TV channels (some with catch up options) for as little as 6.66 Euros per month (12 month subscription)

Has anyone tried this?

I use Filmon Tv and Modbro but they tend to buffer (sometimes quite a lot)

Its only that price if you pay a year up front.

Also their channel list isnt impressive. I have used most internet based tv options in the last 4 years here.

The most reliable are Premium/Expattv, IViewhd and flawless iptv imho and you can pay month by month and if your not happy with one you can change to the other.

I have heard some good things about pulse tv too.

Good thing about channelhopper is that it works with all the catch-up tv sites like iplayer and itv hub etc. I've got it streaming on different devices and can mirror to my tv no problem without any buffering. Quality is good too. There are more complicated Android box solutions out there but none I've looked at offer catchup tv, only live TV.

• 7 months later...

I used filmon which was great and would still be with them but the stream buffered constantly, so I decided to switch to channelhopper after their claims. It was the worst decision I ever made, their service did not work from day one and after contacting their customer support to try and rectify the problem, I was emailed back with what can only be described as rude and turgid responses that were technically poor and their tone was poor to say the least. The choice is yours but I consider myself tech savvy but more than that their customer support emails left me fuming. Prior to me contacting them I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but after my dealings and also the service I would not advise you to bother with this company. If you want to look at the emails they sent me just let me know and I will more than gladly post them.

Oh and by the way I also have videos of their service with extreme buffering I couldn't even get past the adverts and as for any channel apart from BBC, no chance!!!

Edited by BillyBKK
add extra validation info

• 6 months later...