Guidelines issued for holding New Year celebrations

webfact

Guidelines issued for holding New Year celebrations

688_Sansern.jpg

BANGKOK: -- New Year celebrations will be held as usual but activities are requested to uphold national unity, love and respect for the monarchy.

This was what the government wished to see the celebrations by the public and private sectors in the coming new year end of the week.

In giving guidelines for the new year celebrations, government spokesman Lt. Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd stated that the government would like to see new year celebrations held by the general public to feature  three types of activities.

According to the National News Bureau of Thailand, the spokesman highlighted religious activities for members of every religion to show the unity of the nation as the first activity.

The second one focuses on volunteer activities, for example, cleaning public spaces and donating to the poor. And the third one covers the activities to show the love to the Thai monarchs, he said.

“The prime minister reiterated that the government has been considerate of the country and the businesses that have to move on, as well as the happiness of the people. The New Year celebrations shall therefore take place as usual. However, the organizers should take the appropriateness and the feeling of the general public into consideration,” Said Lt. Gen. Sansern.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/guidelines-issued-holding-new-year-celebrations/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-26

Talk about a killjoy......"However, the organizers should take the appropriateness and the feeling of the general public into consideration,” Said Lt. Gen. Sansern.  55555  I think the feelings of the general public, since it is New Year, is to get stone cold trashed...! 555555

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes, but I gather this is no longer the case.

From what I can gather, it is at the discretion of the local Headman and Amphur. And if the local shop will have the fireworks to sell. We have been told that we are ok to have fireworks in Tambon Changrak.

3 hours ago, chainarong said:

If you need guidelines to celebrate New Yr then the country is indeed inward looking, backward in positive thinking, in short,a police state to boot...............................:cheesy:

That's what I was thinking reading the article. So if we do not keep within the 3 allowed ways of celebrating, then what. Off for some attitude adjustment. All of the Junta's directives are so Draconian in nature.

Note IN no way do I want anyone to think I have any ill feelings towards the deeply revered monarchy. I deeply respect the  monarchy for how they have enabled the Thai citizenry to lift up their lives.

My beef is with the Gestapo.

So, religious activities, cleaning public spaces, giving to the poor and acivities to show love for the monarchy?  Wow, everybody is going to have a wonderful New Year celebration.  Will Billy Bunter in the photo be taking part?  If he wants to make a start, some of the public toilets around here could do with a bit of a clean.

12 hours ago, catinthehat said:

That's what I was thinking reading the article. So if we do not keep within the 3 allowed ways of celebrating, then what. Off for some attitude adjustment. All of the Junta's directives are so Draconian in nature.

Note IN no way do I want anyone to think I have any ill feelings towards the deeply revered monarchy. I deeply respect the  monarchy for how they have enabled the Thai citizenry to lift up their lives.

My beef is with the Gestapo.

I see yr point, however, the Thai people haven't much in the way of anybody else to look up to, however their report card in some area's I would state could do better.