Drinking Age

bubbles

Hey all, long time no post

Coming back to thailand in feb/mar time, yay!

Last I read; they had increased the age limit to 25 to buy alcohol; is that still the case or did this law never really kick in?

I'm sure my friends are gonna wanna take me Q-Bar and Bedd Supperclub again (as normal) but I'm only 24 :o this could put a sad face on things

cheers for the advice...

bubbles

Last I read; they had increased the age limit to 25 to buy alcohol; is that still the case or did this law never really kick in?

I'm sure my friends are gonna wanna take me Q-Bar and Bedd Supperclub again (as normal) but I'm only 24 :o this could put a sad face on things

cheers for the advice...

bubbles

I never been to the nightclubs so not sure if they check ID, A friend of a friend was about your age and he ordered a beer in a restaurant, they didn't check his ID :D

I've never been ID'd an Bed or Qbar... they're normally pretty relaxed about it. I know friends that have been asked and span the line 'oh, I'm sorry I must have forgotten it.. ' and been let in without a problem

I would not rely on this. I have seen loads of people being ID'd at Bed and Q Bar.

On some nights (busy) they definately are strict.

Edited by ashacat

I've never been ID'd an Bed or Qbar... they're normally pretty relaxed about it. I know friends that have been asked and span the line 'oh, I'm sorry I must have forgotten it.. ' and been let in without a problem

I would not rely on this. I have seen loads of people being ID'd at Bed and Q Bar.

On some nights (busy) they definately are strict.

Yeah; me & my friends have been ID'd all the time whether in be Q-Bar; CM2; MoS when it was open or Bedd. My concern is we all go out and make it too the front door and get booted.

I've never been ID'd an Bed or Qbar... they're normally pretty relaxed about it. I know friends that have been asked and span the line 'oh, I'm sorry I must have forgotten it.. ' and been let in without a problem.

Maybe you look too old :o

cheers for the advice...

bubbles

They compromised and decided to make the age for drinking 20 instead of 18. I'm not sure if it's gone through yet. The legal age may well still be 18 at this time.

The powers that be can be very confusing at times, from my understanding there are rules that govern ;

• How old you have to be to sell alcohol
  • How old you have to be to buy alcohol
  • How old you need to be to consume alcohol.

They are all different ages. :D

Of course they apply to different people differently, so dress reasonably well, look the part and you will get less grief. :o

Edited by Chang_paarp

I don't think they bother about the age of selling drink too much as im only 19 and I still havn't been asked for I.D :D

hey bennyboy,

your a bit of a legend mate as you are only 19 years old and writing on this forum. :D

more power to you my friend as its good to have young people throwing in there lot.

im wondering what the youngest dude is on this forum and often thought about cranking up a

thread.

anyway just to keep on topic, :o

as long as you dont look like your 12 they'll let you in. :D