Woman in debt runs in front of car in apparent suicide

webfact

Woman in debt runs in front of car in apparent suicide

3p.jpg

Picture: Daily News

AYUTTHAYA: -- A 57 year old Thai woman in serious financial trouble ran in front of a car on the Asia Highway inbound to Bangkok in Ayuthaya yesterday evening.

Dead at the scene from multiple injuries was Photjanee Meesanga.

The vehicle that hit her had fled the scene, reports Daily News.

Bang Pahan police found an apparent suicide note on the body that indicated the woman was in serious debt. The note was written in her own hand, they said. They also found a phone with the body and some medication.

Witnesses said they had seen the woman wandering about the footpaths in the area for some time. Then she was seen dashing in front of a fast moving car that did not stop.

Police are contacting the woman's relatives and trying to locate the car involved in the incident.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-06

She should have taken the advice of the Geordie comedian ,the little waster

Bobby Thompson," Let them that's owed,worry.",     killing yourself over debt

is not the answer,RIP, they will have a job collecting off you where you have

gone, The real problem is ,everything seems geared to getting people into

debt,low rates,the latest iPhone,the must have,and have it now society,living

up to the Jones's,

regards Worgeordie

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The vehicle that hit her had fled the scene, reports Daily News.

Not surprising I guess. Kind of sad that this is the second suicide due to a heavy debt load that has been posted here. I wonder how many go unnoticed. My problem is I keep thinking back to my trip through life and never seeing the false prosperity that exists today. I somehow can never wrap my mind around the endless stream of new vehicles passing by as I sit at the store next door having a beer. I just shake my head in wonderment. The west has imported this debt idea and the Thais have taken to it like a duck to water. 

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

She should have taken the advice of the Geordie comedian ,the little waster

Bobby Thompson," Let them that's owed,worry.",     killing yourself over debt

is not the answer,RIP, they will have a job collecting off you where you have

gone, The real problem is ,everything seems geared to getting people into

debt,low rates,the latest iPhone,the must have,and have it now society,living

up to the Jones's,

regards Worgeordie

I think it goes way beyond the Jones. Big business has found ways to make us want IT drug hits every year or two. A fast moving society does that. Thinking back 50 years I am real happy that things moved slower. I at least got my moneys worth out of a product. 

As an American from Southern California on my first trip to Thailand I was amazed at all the new very expensive Toyota and Chevy pick up trucks up north out in the middle of no where.

It really did not reconcile with Thailand's per capita income of $5,774.65.  (2015 all time high)

Being retired, I was very happy to down size and understood the "debt slave" concept the big banks love to sell to the masses. It is very freeing to stop buying sh*t all the time.   

1 hour ago, Bangel72 said:

The government should be at least looking into some sort of debt hotline, I suspect is already out of control across the country but its still going to get worse.

If they are given a way out or a way to lessen immediate need for repayment, things are going to get even more out of control. 

How come none of the parasites that "borrowed" money off me but had no intention of repaying it considered such a drastic action? 

Whilst hard and hearted and not very nice, I would then consider the debt paid off!

Edited by The Dark Lord
Stupidity

9 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I think it goes way beyond the Jones. Big business has found ways to make us want IT drug hits every year or two. A fast moving society does that. Thinking back 50 years I am real happy that things moved slower. I at least got my moneys worth out of a product. 

Ipad 1 64gb release date 2010. Still going strong crap for updates though.

5 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

How come none of the parasites that "borrowed" money off me but had no intention of repaying it considered such a drastic action? 

Whilst hard and hearted and not very nice, I would then consider the debt paid off!

imo ......youre  too  kind:smile:

7 hours ago, wprime said:

Don't they have bankruptcy in Thailand?

Surely she could've chosen a less selfish way out, the lady who hit her will be likely be traumatized by this.

Despair kind of short circuits the thinking processes. Yes she could  have planned it better bought a chunk of rope and headed for the woods. Maybe she was trying to make a statement as well. If I ever hit the wall mentally I will update you. 

On 6/1/2560 at 4:02 PM, NCC1701A said:

As an American from Southern California on my first trip to Thailand I was amazed at all the new very expensive Toyota and Chevy pick up trucks up north out in the middle of no where.

It really did not reconcile with Thailand's per capita income of $5,774.65.  (2015 all time high)

Being retired, I was very happy to down size and understood the "debt slave" concept the big banks love to sell to the masses. It is very freeing to stop buying sh*t all the time.   

I tend to agree with you that many people here are supporting bank loans which far exceeds there income levels. That some regulation on loans may need to be looked at. But then you end up with more of the other means of getting money, as in Loan Sharking. I tend to think that her loan may have been more in that category.  

With a car loan a bank may take your car away, and still hit you up for the rest. But for non payment of a Loan Shark, I tend to think it would be a lot worst. Like perhaps losing a finger a month? I really don't know as I am not an expert in this, but I do know if you borrow from a Loan Shark your missed payment is far worst.