Air Asia Flat-beds

sanuk711

Anyone done the Air Asia--or any of the budget Airlines Flat-beds.? I am doing an Oz trip with the wife about March, where I go to in Oz its over 9 hours, & its a night flight.

So...contemplating should I take a mortgage out and go business on one of the standard airlines -- around the 70K-80K each mark, or try to get some feed back on the budget airline flat-beds. about 30K each.

Welcome any feed back.

I can suffer the angled seats. Not the best, but better than sitting up all night and they made business class affordable. The worst I tried were KLM. Expect that creeping underpants feeling (unless you don't wear them...)

On 09/01/2017 at 2:05 PM, sanuk711 said:

Anyone done the Air Asia--or any of the budget Airlines Flat-beds.? I am doing an Oz trip with the wife about March, where I go to in Oz its over 9 hours, & its a night flight.

So...contemplating should I take a mortgage out and go business on one of the standard airlines -- around the 70K-80K each mark, or try to get some feed back on the budget airline flat-beds. about 30K each.

Why is it always so hard getting information out of people? Instead of saying "where I go to" why not just name the city? That would make it much easier for people to give advice. Saying how long you want to stay would also be helpful.

Anyway, Malaysian will take you to Sydney for 3 weeks in March for 43,000B return in business. That's flat-bed seats on both the long sectors, and angled or flat-bed on the short sectors depending on flight timing, and they offer a proper business class experience including lounges, luggage allowance etc (albeit not the world's best business class experience).

In my experience budget airlines give you exactly what you pay for, so I would not bother with them except on very short local flights. YMMV.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Why is it always so hard getting information out of people? Instead of saying "where I go to" why not just name the city? That would make it much easier for people to give advice. Saying how long you want to stay would also be helpful.

Thank you KK... but I have done the Math (as our American friends would say, as I have been doing this route for 19 years now) --I can go into directly to Brisbane on a normal but restricted amount of airlines actually just 1... Thai  Air. So you see it wasn't to difficult.*

Budget Airlines don't go into Brisbane international at all, but into the Coolangata  some 110 Klms away.

I can do the fly over the Airport wait in Sydney/Melbourne etc then fly back to Brisbane trip, which turns the 9 hour into a 12-14 hour. I have flown the Budget airlines around Asia but they do not have business class option on board for me to go and look at, hence the enquiry .

But thank you for taking the time to post the Malay Air tip.

**Austrian Air do a direct flight @ 400% more then Thai.

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Thank you KK... but I have done the Math (as our American friends would say, as I have been doing this route for 19 years now) --I can go into directly to Brisbane on a normal but restricted amount of airlines actually just 1... Thai  Air. So you see it wasn't to difficult.*

Well, if there's no competition it should be no surprise that there are no competitive fares. You should probably be thankful that anyone flies there direct at all.

Personally I put flight comfort and cost way above flight duration and long stopovers. I actually quite enjoy sitting in airport lounges drinking free champagne or cognac and eating chef-prepared nibbles, or overnighting in a free hotel, and I will happily put up with doing that if it means I can also get a low-priced lie-flat seat and double baggage allowance (and more champagne). I know that some have to get where they are going in as little time as possible, and will pay double what I pay in order to do so, but I'm not one of them.

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Personally I put flight comfort and cost way above flight duration and long stopovers.

Yes its addictive, I started doing it on the London flights--telling myself its SOoooo Long I deserve it--& as I get older I start to view it on the shorter hauls also, Yes no competition on the BKK-Bris route, the one plane is always packed, Bris-BKK is a little better as you have those airlines you mentioned stopping after Sydney, ---OK so it's Krug champagne & a free pair of pajamas then.........:coffee1: