Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry latest: Just 999 baht per trip!

webfact

23 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

Bell site states about 790Bht Pats to HH.  But you have to pay to get to the station and the trip is 5hrs - at least.  The ferry seems a good option to me.

Bell bus 400 Baht. Total estimate travel time is 6 hours (depending on traffic). It can take up to 7-8 hours if it is on weekends or holidays in Thailand. http://www.belltravelservice.com/public-bus/

I think double that 800 Baht, would see me choose the ferry. Or maybe 999B one way 1499 return, would be a good pricing option.

32 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

Bell site states about 790Bht Pats to HH.  But you have to pay to get to the station and the trip is 5hrs - at least.  The ferry seems a good option to me.

it is 387 - If you don't believe it, just go to the Norther Bus station and inquire yourself.

in Malaysia, the ferry (speedboat) between Langkawi in Penang costs 500 THB per PAX, and it is almost exactly the same distance.

Nuff said! Thai greed will guarantee another business failure

43 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

it is 387 - If you don't believe it, just go to the Norther Bus station and inquire yourself.

in Malaysia, the ferry (speedboat) between Langkawi in Penang costs 500 THB per PAX, and it is almost exactly the same distance.

Nuff said! Thai greed will guarantee another business failure

Bell site quoted me 784 BHT one way  earlier today.  So do I go on what you say or what they quoted me?

15 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

Bell site quoted me 784 BHT one way  earlier today.  So do I go on what you say or what they quoted me?

I was at the Northern Bus station last week when I had to go to BKK for the day, saw the PTY - HH Bus and asked the staff at the boarding gate how much a ticket costs and how frequent the Bus runs. Then I saw the "387THB" price prominently displayed at the ticket counter again.

What I think is that there are actually two different PTY - HH services, both run by ROONG REUANG COACH. The one under the BELL brand seems to include pick up from the hotel/accomodation.

This is obviously the same system they apply on the PTY - Suvarnabhumi route. If you go to the Jomtien Bus station, fare is just 120 Baht, whereas if you leave from Northern Bus station on a "Bell travel" branded Bus, the price is 250 Baht, even if you did not use their pick-up service. But all Buses are part of ROONG REUANG COACH

Edited by siam2007

5 hours ago, Mousehound said:

Just now, on the Bell Travel web site for a random date in February:

a.gif

Did the screen that quoted you B784 look anything like that?  The fare has been B389 per person for as long as I can remember, and I used to use the bus about once per month.

3 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Just now, on the Bell Travel web site for a random date in February:

a.gif

Did the screen that quoted you B784 look anything like that?  The fare has been B389 per person for as long as I can remember, and I used to use the bus about once per month.

No, I contacted them direct.  I think they are charging me for Pats to Swampy and then from Swampy to HH.  I shall have to get onto them again.  Thanks for the heads up.  Also I need to get to the new terminal in Pats.  For all that I would still give the ferry a go.  I am on my own so the fare difference is not that important to me but time is and I would like the experience.  Fortunately I have good sea legs!

• 1 month later...

I am a tourist and I would pay the extra 610 baht to save four hours when traveling to Hua Hin.  That's only about $20 USD.  I only get three weeks off a year and I don't want to spend time in traffic to save $5 per hour.  I have been to Hua Hin before and I would like to spend 2 or 3 days there again.  

I understand that the ferry may not be a viable option for retired farangs who have a limited income and lots of spare time.