Barclays/Nationwide/Natwest Card reader for online banking

OnMeNut

Hello,

Does anyone in Bangkok have access to one of the above card readers for online banking?

If someone does and could help me out by letting me use theirs, name your price and I will meet you at your choice of location.

I have been informed the above readers are universal so will work with either banks cards.

I will need to use the reader to add my banking application to 2 devices and possibly log in to my internet banking.  The whole process should not take more than 10 minutes.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

On 16/02/2017 at 3:16 PM, MJKT2014 said:

I've got a Natwest account online but until now never used a card reader. If I did want one wouldn't I just follow the online instructions for them to send me one?

https://supportcentre.natwest.com/Linked/ContextualHelp/913234062/How-can-I-order-a-new-replacement-or-additional-card-reader.htm

I would do that if I wanted a reader sent to my UK address as they send it to the home address registered on the account. 

I was hoping for a quick fix not a 2 week wait, however this thread has not turned out the way I hoped. 

Can I request a moderator to close the thread, thanks.

21 minutes ago, Thainess said:

The OP sounds very suspicious. Borrow someone else's card reader so that you can then transfer their complete card data stored in to your own blank card, and then empty their account?

They don't work like that, they don't store any card data, they're dumb and read the chip on the card then use algorithms to generate the code.

What I would be worried about though is them being infected by malware and somehow used to a fraudsters advantage.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, OnMeNut said:

I would do that if I wanted a reader sent to my UK address as they send it to the home address registered on the account. 

I was hoping for a quick fix not a 2 week wait, however this thread has not turned out the way I hoped. 

Can I request a moderator to close the thread, thanks.

Granted you've opted out of this request so case closed.

NatWest allowed me to change my home address to Thailand so I suppose it shouldn't be a problem. I don't plan on getting one but note there is a 5 step activation process related to my online account to enable one should I do so. 

FWIW, Barclay's card reader is totally different from Natwest's/RBS's car reader. No clue what Nationwide card reader looks like.

The RBS one went tits-up a few years ago so ordered a new one online, sent to the UK address and sister picked it up and posted it to me. Took about 10 days.

I have both Barclays and RBS card readers but I am in Pattaya.

Edited by NanLaew