Australia Call Up Pom

Australia have called up Pom Andrew Symonds, to try for a quick kill in the ashes series. Symonds, born in England of West Indian parents, turned down the chance to play for England or the West Indies, and opted for buying an Ozzie passport.

cheap shot shady, thought you were above that, forgot your height was exceeded by your girth :o

Australia have called up Pom Andrew Symonds, to try for a quick kill in the ashes series. Symonds, born in England of West Indian parents, turned down the chance to play for England or the West Indies, and opted for buying an Ozzie passport.

cheap shot shady, thought you were above that, forgot your height was exceeded by your girth :o

I 'aven't been called 'cheap' for a long time. :D

:D:D:D

I guess at the end of the day he wanted to play in a team that WINS when they play... No one likes to lose. (thats why you poms are so bloody angry all the time)

:D:bah::bah: Im just joking lads

Edited by In the Rai!

:D:D:D

I guess at the end of the day he wanted to play in a team that WINS when they play... No one likes to lose. (thats why you poms are so bloody angry all the time)

:bah::bah::o Im just joking lads

I dunno..........when you look at it, Symonds is one of the only ones on both sides that was actually born in England :D

Must be terrible being a Pommy cricket supporter. :D

You don't know whether to gloat, or cut your throat, from one day to the next. :o

Believe me OC, aprt from a little blip 18 months ago, this is just back to our default status. nothing new to us. The gloating over the this time was fun and very enjoyable, but alas it will now come to an end!

We have been completely outplayed - which the management has a lot to answer for - specifically for making Flintoff the captain when Strauss was the obvious choice, and bizaare selections involving Giles, Jones and Anderson. The other mistake was not bothering with any real meaningful warm up games (why weren't Flintoff, Collingwood and Bell playing in warm-up game at the WACA last week?)

The annoying thing is that only Ponting and Hussey are on the top of their game for theAussies - the rest, although still decent players, are on the downward spiral -

Oh well!

:D

We have been completely outplayed - which the management has a lot to answer for - specifically for making Flintoff the captain when Strauss was the obvious choice,

:D

We should have a non-playing captain, if they think the pressure of captaincy is too much. Look at the Ryder Cup.

You had one of those once before without success.

I think his name was Brearly. :o:D

Believe me OC, aprt from a little blip 18 months ago, this is just back to our default status. nothing new to us. The gloating over the this time was fun and very enjoyable, but alas it will now come to an end!

We have been completely outplayed - which the management has a lot to answer for - specifically for making Flintoff the captain when Strauss was the obvious choice, and bizaare selections involving Giles, Jones and Anderson. The other mistake was not bothering with any real meaningful warm up games (why weren't Flintoff, Collingwood and Bell playing in warm-up game at the WACA last week?)

The annoying thing is that only Ponting and Hussey are on the top of their game for theAussies - the rest, although still decent players, are on the downward spiral -

Oh well!

:o

18 months ago England were on top of the world, and with a young side, it should have been all up from there. Surprisingly, their performances in a couple of series after that were average at best.

They had long term injuries which never help, but throwing these players back in at the deep end without a leadup is stupid. Australia never does that. Players like McGrath have had to come back, and prove themselves, through state games after injury.

I don't know if it's because of the culture of England's domestic cricket or something else, but Australias, Dad's army, are far superior fielders. I don't mean catching, but chasing and throwing. Anderson seems to be the only guy in the squad who can throw a ball from the deep close to the stumps with consistancy. Oz are taking what seem to be very risky 2nd and 3rd runs, knowing they will be unlucky to be run out. England rarely risk it. It makes a difference of a lot of runs over a game.

And, as you said Mittheimp, they needed more time and games to get themselves used to conditions here before the tests started.

(Ponting out! Caught behind for 75)

Edited by Old Croc

Once again the original subject of this topic (Andrew Symonds) has shown us all that he is not up to the standard to play test cricket. He has tried on several occasions to do so and has failed dismally. He is, in my mind, a great one day player but has not got the talent to make it in the 5 day game. Same thing happened to a very exciting cricketer a few years back called Michael Bevan.

Anyhow, thats my 5 cents worth for the day.

Go Aussies

Once again the original subject of this topic (Andrew Symonds) has shown us all that he is not up to the standard to play test cricket. He has tried on several occasions to do so and has failed dismally. He is, in my mind, a great one day player but has not got the talent to make it in the 5 day game. Same thing happened to a very exciting cricketer a few years back called Michael Bevan.

Anyhow, thats my 5 cents worth for the day.

Go Aussies

Unbelievable in the ield and does give us another bolwing option as oppossed to Martyn. I think we need to give him another chance in Melbourne and if he still cant get a score than get rid of him...

P.S looks like we have the 3rd test too boys.. :o:D

You are right no one likes to lose, in the rail, as shown by the grace shown yor PM when he had to give the England team their World cup winners medals in rugby.

That performance gave the brits more pleasure than the team actually winning. lol

Dope of the Week award!

Seems some members of the barmy army have been missing their English curries, so they arranged, and paid for, the chef at their favorite restaurant in the old country to hand deliver a selection of their finest muck to Perth.

It was well publizised in the Australian press as another silly season story, and the boys were warned the food (?) probably wouldn't be cleared by Quarantine. They decided to go ahead with the delivery anyway.

The chef duly arrived laden with his smelly smallgoods and failed to declare the food items on his customs/quarantine form. It was all seized and the dopy doughboy fined several hundred dollars!

Half the population knew the stuff was coming, but he tried to sneak it in anyway!