New format set for Thai police reshuffle

webfact

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Thailand has had problems with its police force and judiciary for decades. But the biggest problem is its armed forces who take power whenever they see fit.

Yes, we get that you're not a fan of democracy. You have made that abundantly clear on many occasions.

accepting a military government to replace a growing pest of undemocratic people-robbing and self-enriching criminals when there is no one who could just draw democracy out of his hat in a country that has no democratic roots  does not mean to be not a "fan of democracy"

Not understanding the situation - or even wishing the pests back makes clear to be not a fan of understanding or worse

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The problem is you won't get democracy without a robust, independent justice system. You get crooks gaining control and refusing to obey the laws and courts with complicit or tame enforcement - a la Shin.

And you won't get a robust justice system with a junta in charge, that's been proven 19 times. That's why I prefer an imperfect democracy to an imperfect military d-word, because over time the imperfect democracy might improve.

2 hours ago, sweatalot said:

accepting a military government to replace a growing pest of undemocratic people-robbing and self-enriching criminals when there is no one who could just draw democracy out of his hat in a country that has no democratic roots  does not mean to be not a "fan of democracy"

Not understanding the situation - or even wishing the pests back makes clear to be not a fan of understanding or worse

Democracy is not drawn out of a hat anywhere, it evolves over time. All of the countries that today are considered democratic had feudal systems in place before democracy took root. Very few of them had armed forces that constantly instigated coups. Why shouldn't Thailand get the same consideration?

Sorry, you lost me after; Not understanding the situation - or even wishing the pests back...

40 minutes ago, Becker said:

And you won't get a robust justice system with a junta in charge, that's been proven 19 times. That's why I prefer an imperfect democracy to an imperfect military d-word, because over time the imperfect democracy might improve.

Might improve, or you can just vote them out, not so with the junta unfortunately!

At least the uniforms in the picture don't look like the ladies tight lycra uniforms the police normally wear.  Honestly, I don't know how they move in such tight clothes, must be uncomfortable.  

Can't say I have ever seen them doing much moving....