Time Up For Some 30 Day Visa Runners

For some there will be little difference but for many, especially weekend visitors it makes a very big difference. The Royal Thai Police Order 608/2549 is very clear that what counts is the number of days. That it may change at some point is always a possibility but as of now the rule is 90 days.

All honour to your childlike faith in the Thai authorities.

It would not be the first rule they themselves ignore.

Sunny

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stamps or days? Wait and see Lopburi, wait and see......

I enter Thailand through airports, the stamps are numbered. But I already passed the three entry stamps a while ago (counting from October). No problem whatsoever. It looks like they do not mind. Anyhow I have two passports, I simply mail my passport back to any given European country or a organisation working with the KLM. They simply make a year non imm, visa for 120€ . No hassle, not even letters needed from a Thai company.

I stayed in thailand before 1 octobre 2006, so before the new law was applied.

i did a cambodian visarun at 17 octobre.

i left thailand and went to my homecountry at 16 november 2006.

so since the new law i had 1 entree and stayed 30 days in thailand.

i just got a 60 days visa at the ambassy in my homecountry wich will start at 12 january and end around 11 march.

when that one is finished, 60 days later, i will have stayed 90 days in thailand in a period of 6 months

(17oct.2006 till 17 april 2007).

i asked the official at the ambassy if i could do a visa run after my 2 month visa is finished ( so around 11 march) and he told me that would be no problem.

i showed him my passport and explained him why i thought i could not, but he told me again not to worry and i could get another 30 days.

if that is true i will be staying more than 90 days in a period of 6 months.

i hope the official at the camobodian border will think the same about it.

what happens if i will not get another 30 days? will I be stuck in cambodia?

i still dont see why this is such a huge problem...

i think they are right to do what they plan to do.

if your legally here, then fine. show your work permit, visa etc.

people who are here legally will have everything they need.

people who are here illegally then you deserve what you get for doing what you do.

most people here when they are back in their own country's probably didnt like all the immigrants in their own country...

look at the uk... do you agree with whats going on there??

no...

well your doing the exact same as them over here...

in the end, if they do enforce it, ( prays they do ) then the people here legally with permits, visa's etc will reap the benefits.

i cant wait for teacher wages to go up when there is a shortage of teachers...

myself and my farang girlfriend are more than laughing at this scenario...

sitting on a years permit, and a 3 year contract i dont see what we need to worry about.

apart from going with the highest bidder to hire us.

Once again wrong information if Immigration is to be believed. It is the number of days in Thailand that is to be counted - not the number of entries.

It is definitely days. I have had four (30 day) stamps issued to me since Oct 1. Two stamps at the Cambodia boarder, and two at the airport.

I think the value of the western farang is about to be understood.

The value of the western farang who comes here to do legitimate business or has the financial resources to obtain a retirement visa or comes as a tourist is already understood and Thailand continues to welcome them.

The western farang who hasn't the resources to do anything other than scurry across the border every 30 days before returning to some work that generates minimal income but no foreign exchange is also understood, which is why they want them to go home.

YOU ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG

The only people the Thais can view in this light are the old or the working.

I am 37, not married to a Thai, Independently wealthy, do not work here in Thailand. I return to my home country, wish to stay here for 11 months of the year. There are no provisions for this situation.

Take your blinkers off, there are more than 3 shelves of long term visitors in Thailand.

Here is another.

My friends is retired here and married. His daughter recently from the UK has had problems, so my friend has invited his daughter to stay with him here in Jomtien so she can take some time out of life. The only visa she can obtain is a 3 month tourist visa.

Her father is wealthy and can keep her financially. She will not be working, But after 3 months will need to return to England. Where is the provision for this.

This new rules will cost more than Thailand ever imagined. It will hurt many individual Thai families, local economies, business both small and large, government Tax.

Here is another.

Wealthy travelers, between commitments (maybe redundant with cash) in the west visits southeast asia with the thought of traveling throughout. Get to Thailand and decide to stay and not visit the other countries. After three months has to leave. Cannot be bothered to go back to their home country so just continue with their travels around asia taking spending money in other countries.

Here is another

Student 12 months traveling, same as above

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORLD HAS MANY DIFFERNET PEOPLE WISHING TO TRAVEL THAT CANNOT NOW STAY IN THAILAND LONG TERM. And the biggest loser will be Thailand

If you are so "rich" and want to stay in Thailand 11 months of the year, why don't you invest a bit of your "wealth" and get yourself a business visa?.

Thai law has the provisions to allow "wealthy" farangs to live in Thailand.

I aplaude Thailands efforts to get rid of undesirables from their country and this is a very positive step in the right direction.

So why are you here Rocky? its not for business....Is it the beautiful beaches perhaps? nice clean air?....it can't be because its cheap because you've allready told us you're "rich". Why are you here?

Hong Kong, Singapore, KL, Shanghai, all have cleaned up their image long ago and they did not go broke. Idead their wealth soared. Now it is Thailands turn.

The value of the western farang who comes here to do legitimate business or has the financial resources to obtain a retirement visa or comes as a tourist is already understood and Thailand continues to welcome them.

The western farang who hasn't the resources to do anything other than scurry across the border every 30 days before returning to some work that generates minimal income but no foreign exchange is also understood, which is why they want them to go home.

I am 37, not married to a Thai, Independently wealthy, do not work here in Thailand. I return to my home country, wish to stay here for 11 months of the year. There are no provisions for this situation.

Take your blinkers off, there are more than 3 shelves of long term visitors in Thailand.

Here is another.

My friends is retired here and married. His daughter recently from the UK has had problems, so my friend has invited his daughter to stay with him here in Jomtien so she can take some time out of life. The only visa she can obtain is a 3 month tourist visa.

Her father is wealthy and can keep her financially. She will not be working, But after 3 months will need to return to England. Where is the provision for this.

This new rules will cost more than Thailand ever imagined. It will hurt many individual Thai families, local economies, business both small and large, government Tax.

Here is another.

Wealthy travelers, between commitments (maybe redundant with cash) in the west visits southeast asia with the thought of traveling throughout. Get to Thailand and decide to stay and not visit the other countries. After three months has to leave. Cannot be bothered to go back to their home country so just continue with their travels around asia taking spending money in other countries.

Here is another

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORLD HAS MANY DIFFERNET PEOPLE WISHING TO TRAVEL THAT CANNOT NOW STAY IN THAILAND LONG TERM. And the biggest loser will be Thailand

If you are so "rich" and want to stay in Thailand 11 months of the year, why don't you invest a bit of your "wealth" and get yourself a business visa?.

Thai law has the provisions to allow "wealthy" farangs to live in Thailand.

I aplaude Thailands efforts to get rid of undesirables from their country and this is a very positive step in the right direction.

So why are you here Rocky? its not for business....Is it the beautiful beaches perhaps? nice clean air?....it can't be because its cheap because you've allready told us you're "rich". Why are you here?

Hong Kong, Singapore, KL, Shanghai, all have cleaned up their image long ago and they did not go broke. Idead their wealth soared. Now it is Thailands turn.

Hey Livinginexile -maybe he can even afford a Thailand Elite Card- all of a sudden no more problems for him ? :o

Here is another.

Here is another.

Here is another

your friends daughter could get a triple entry tourist visa in the UK which would give her a stay of up to 9 months or more (its longer but cant be bothered working it all out). When that expires, she can go get another visa.

same for you and the wealthy travellers.

the 30-day stamp is not to reside here. If you want to stay longer you can get a visa for that.

This topic is obviously of extreme importance to a great many as evidenced by 250 people coming out of the woodwork and viewing the topic right now. I've been making my 30 day runs for 15 years consecutively and my plans are to continue doing so right into this thing. I will not be intimidated

hello columbo,

what on earth have you been doing with a 30 day tourist visa for 15 years...

surely this is clear abuse of the system?

are you working in thailand ? if so why cant you get a business and work permit?

if you have income from overseas, why dont you get a retirement visa - i guess you are over 50?

wow- what a situation...

amarka

and where does your answer leave the people that are here on non imm b's or extensions of that do employ thais, do pay tax's, do follow the rules and the laws and are now not going to be able to get further extensions with any ease or a multiple non b anywhere close?

I have been staying here for years now commuting back and forwards on 30 day visas, I can't see any problems with what they are doing, after all they are only enforcing the rules, if we want to stay we just have to do it the right way. I've already sorted myself out with a multiple entry 'o' visa, which I never bothered with because of the percieved hassle. They issued one in 2 hours in Perth with no questions asked).

Just look at what the problems would be if you tried to stay permanently in any other country on 30 day tourist visa's, it would be impossible, so we are still better off here than we would be in just about any country in the western world.

and where does your answer leave the people that are here on non imm b's or extensions of that do employ thais, do pay tax's, do follow the rules and the laws and are now not going to be able to get further extensions with any ease or a multiple non b anywhere close?

This is one thing I think does seem not right, but I read on here 12months 'B's are available in Hong Kong, Australia, UK, USA, so still not the end of the world

i still dont see why this is such a huge problem...

i think they are right to do what they plan to do.

if your legally here, then fine. show your work permit, visa etc.

people who are here legally will have everything they need.

people who are here illegally then you deserve what you get for doing what you do.

most people here when they are back in their own country's probably didnt like all the immigrants in their own country...

look at the uk... do you agree with whats going on there??

no...

well your doing the exact same as them over here...

in the end, if they do enforce it, ( prays they do ) then the people here legally with permits, visa's etc will reap the benefits.

i cant wait for teacher wages to go up when there is a shortage of teachers...

myself and my farang girlfriend are more than laughing at this scenario...

sitting on a years permit, and a 3 year contract i dont see what we need to worry about.

apart from going with the highest bidder to hire us.

Define legal and illegal..

There is nothing wrong up to now using 30 day visa's.. Its not illegal.. its what immigration have instructed people to do..

I find it ohh so amusing that english teachers (who 9 times from 10 start working without a WP in thier possession) are now claiming the moral high ground.. What a laugh..

Wake up and realize that theres an entire class of people who are rich enough to do nothing except support Thailand and wouldnt consider getting up one a month for teachers wages who have no 'legal' visa.. Do they 'deserve all they get' ??

Anyway its storm in a teacup.. If you fail the intellectual challenge on how to slip through this weak, badly thought out, net then maybe your too dumb to live here.. Just bend the rules like the Thais would..

Here is another.

Here is another.

Here is another

Surely that is a contradiction in terms, how are you traveling if you are staying somewhere for a long time? However Id like to offer you some advice, if you are independently wealthy, use your wealth and knowledge to explore ways of legally staying in Thailand. I will never understand people that stay in this great country and refuse to do I little work to make their stay legal. It is very easy to set up a company and obtain a work permit. You don't even have to do anything just pay someone to do it for you.

You can look into this, which is very simple or go home and deal with the red tape which your own country has to offer. Can anybody please let me know if there is any other desirable country in the world that will allow you to stay indefinitely without a visa?

Regards

Ruds

And how about the wealthy young farang ?? Putting >2mil baht into the Thai economy per year ?? Wont marry, have money why work ??

Whats my visa class ??

Of course its not hard to scam a B visa or similar but bit of a joke no ??

No no no, you do not have to worry about anything at all. Maestro, the moderator of this forum has stated that the elite program solves your visa problem and those of other like persons. Thanks maestro, you are a tremendous help to so many folks like Livinlos. problems solved

are you working in thailand ? if so why cant you get a business and work permit?

if you have income from overseas, why dont you get a retirement visa - i guess you are over 50?

wow- what a situation...

amarka

Erm No.. and No..

Bzzztt.. Next genius please..

Edited by LivinLOS

And how about the wealthy young farang ?? Putting >2mil baht into the Thai economy per year ?? Wont marry, have money why work ??

Whats my visa class ??

Of course its not hard to scam a B visa or similar but bit of a joke no ??

No no no, you do not have to worry about anything at all. Maestro, the moderator of this forum has stated that the elite program solves your visa problem and those of other like persons. Thanks maestro, you are a tremendous help to so many folks like Livinlos. problems solved

You know.. If I actually had any faith at all in the promises of Thai systems I wouldnt mind a lifetime use and 5 years visa's for 1mil..

I dont care about golf, I dont care about the biz intros, I guess fast track immigration would be ok..

But 1 mil for lifetime 5 year visa's.. OK sure I would bite..

The the fact is its backed up by the promises of a Thai company.. who have already backed out of many initial promises (land).. And the pet project of the head waiter..

I know how much after sales service you usually get in asia, once the money is paid the service is concluded.. And I have my doubts about its lifespan say 10 years out..

Once again wrong information if Immigration is to be believed. It is the number of days in Thailand that is to be counted - not the number of entries.

It is definitely days. I have had four (30 day) stamps issued to me since Oct 1. Two stamps at the Cambodia boarder, and two at the airport.

Tell that to my brother.. His is most definitely stamps (according to Ranong).. One stamp or 7 days still is being counted and another for low 20's..

Dont expect this to run smoothly, your in Thailand..

Left hand this is right hand..Right hand this is left hand..

wow- what a situation...

amarka

Erm No.. and No..

hi...

ok then mr genius,

tell me....

what you have been a tourist for 15 years...

or are you going to tell me you are rich and dont need to work - just cant afford a proper business....

dont be shy - lets have the details...

amarka

wow- what a situation...

amarka

Erm No.. and No..

hi...

ok then mr genius,

tell me....

or are you going to tell me you are rich and dont need to work - just cant afford a proper business....

amarka

Yeah I am wealthy enough that I can live in my villa look over the ocean and drink Daquries all day.. For the rest of my life..

And why would I want a business.. I make more in interest than I spend 5- 10x over depending on how my investment portfolio does.. Bother with some little Thai thingand all the headaches of Thai miss management.. Not me my friend..

I have only been here 5 years mind.. I am 33 so was full time retired at 28..

As I said its not tough.. Just tell a clerk to make a shelf company for you and get a non imm B.. Let clerks make some baht and just dont trade the company.. But it is a waste.. Would rather just pay 100k to immigration per year.. Surely they want the money.. Looks like theres enough uses for it.

Just seems kinda stupid that Thailand wants me to go.. Surely 2 mil a year into the economy and no chance of taking anythign from Thailand is a win win for them.. But they make no 'legal' way to stay here..

If below 50, one might have money but no wish or knowledge to start a biz in Thailand. - Why does so many people find that so hard to understand?

Income can come from savings/pension(below 50)/investments/profit share in owned biz abroad or whatever.

Yeah, with money one can then make a "shell" company, pretend to be a volunteer - or pretend to be a student, but that is all BREAKING the law if not truely the case, and I believe all of us here wants to be as legal as possible.

Thai Elite have been discussed many times before - it is currently under "evaluation" by the new (temporary)governemnt together with other programs started by the old government - so I would certainly not chose that option right now.

Cheers!

Edited by Firefan

wow- what a situation...

amarka

Erm No.. and No..

hi...

ok then mr genius,

tell me....

amarka

Yeah I am wealthy enough that I can live in my villa look over the ocean and drink Daquries all day.. For the rest of my life..

And why would I want a business.. I make more in interest than I spend 5- 10x over depending on how my investment portfolio does.. Bother with some little Thai thingand all the headaches of Thai miss management.. Not me my friend..

As I said its not tough.. Just tell a clerk to make a shelf company for you and get a non imm B.. Let clerks make some baht and just dont trade the company.. But it is a waste.. Would rather just pay 100k to immigration per year.. Surely they want the money.. Looks like theres enough uses for it.

Just seems kinda stupid that Thailand wants me to go.. Surely 2 mil a year into the economy and no chance of taking anythign from Thailand is a win win for them.. But they make no 'legal' way to stay here..

If you make at least 5 times, the 2 million you spend, in interest. Then surely you must be able to risk 10 million baht in an investment account or for a condo. That would be the best way for someone as wealthy as yourself i think.

Here is another.

Here is another.

Here is another

Thailand might be the loser in YOUR opinion but it is THEIR country and THEIR decision.

Get of YOUR horse and stop ranting because Thaialnd does not provide you with a long term visa suited to YOUR wishes

I think there is no IM class visa anymore ?? Phased out the 3 mil this year ??

Anyway I refuse to bring into Thailand anything I wont walk away from.. Letting 10 mil rot in a Thai account instead of working for me isnt how I got rich..

<edited> If I decided to buy a Villa instead of rent, again I would want more security..

And Anyway it would be cheaper (then the lost return on 10 mil) to simply have clerks make a fake company for me.. Lets face it the rules are so shoddy and full of holes anyone with an ounce of sense can get through them (clue.. Get a second passport.. wow that was tough)..

My point is they are once again acting ass backwards.. They over react to Mark Carr and invent a system they cant control, cant really implement (the days not stamps) or that actually does anything.. So very Thai !!

Why a married person can support a couple for 400k yet a retiree has to be defined by double that in assets and an age.. So someone with a grand total of 20k USD and is 51 is ideal for retirement but a millionarre at 40 isnt.. Dont follw that..

Edited by Totster
Deleted comment that was against the rules

The funny thing is that depite the clear fact that the generality of Thai society obviously do not like Farang people (no doubt amongst others) living permanently in their society for any other reason than money if that, that farangs still aspire to live here, if I was a wealthy under 50 having a problem I would make a point of avoiding the place.

Which is possibly the effect of all the recent anti farang legal murmerings, this may be a good thing for some of us over 50s, keep Thai society impoverished and third world cheap (as may be the intention of the Chinese ruling class) so we can still afford to hang on in there.

TiT up to them! :o

Hey can someone tell me the best place to go to get a visa right now. For tourist visas?

jack golf are doing a run to loas, did it earlier in the month. no problems. down side is the 30 hours it takes. good service though and no problems getting 60 day tourist visa.

wow- what a situation...

amarka

Erm No.. and No..

hi...

ok then mr genius,

tell me....

amarka

It is their choice, their country, get over it