Thailand in world top 10 for long term tourism growth, WTTC reports

webfact

22 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

So many rubbish and negative posters. The politics of Thailand do not affect you nor should it concern you. If you actually do live here or have visited here (and I doubt that some of the posters ever have) then you should know to keep your snouts out of another country's affairs. If I visited UK or US as a guest, I would never consider condemning another countries politics whilst I was a guest there. I live in Thailand and nothing that happens in politics concerns me, I still live a great trouble free life in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Or you could move to Spain. lol 

Oddly enough my insecurities are not so great as to allow the views of others to spoil my image of paradise !

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

This may confuse you but a disproportunately high tourist % of GDP does not indicate a healthy economy.

Keep on knocking the country that you perhaps live in. Thai economy is 15% based on tourism. Despite your negative post, it will not go lower and predictions are that it will rise. Why you keep on posting BS comments when the stats are against you is your freedom but not true facts. But I doubt that you do live here, and if you do it is in some tourist bar. That is not Thailand at all.

10 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Keep on knocking the country that you perhaps live in. Thai economy is 15% based on tourism. Despite your negative post, it will not go lower and predictions are that it will rise. Why you keep on posting BS comments when the stats are against you is your freedom but not true facts. But I doubt that you do live here, and if you do it is in some tourist bar. That is not Thailand at all.

Mindless implied insults and a complete ignorance of the subject in hand makes your post moot. If you had read the OP you will have noted the claim that the percentage of Thai tourist gdp could hit 30%. Any reasonable sized economy faces potential problems if they become over reliant on one sector. Im sorry you cannot seperate bullshit from established , accepted wisdom , education might help.

4 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Mindless implied insults and a complete ignorance of the subject in hand makes your post moot. If you had read the OP you will have noted the claim that the percentage of Thai tourist gdp could hit 30%. Any reasonable sized economy faces potential problems if they become over reliant on one sector. Im sorry you cannot seperate bullshit from established , accepted wisdom , education might help.

Thai economy has sustained 15% tourism for many years. It is not expected to go lower and may rise according to people more highly educated than you. Please use spell checker if you cannot spell English. I do not insult, if you do live in Thailand, you will have become immune to the politics. The politics does not affect you, they do not concern you as a visitor to this beautiful and now, almost peaceful country. IE, do not stick your insulting anti Thai comments in everyones' face. It may well come back to haunt you when Immigration checks your papers  

On 3/18/2017 at 0:07 AM, spiderorchid said:

So many rubbish and negative posters. The politics of Thailand do not affect you nor should it concern you. If you actually do live here or have visited here (and I doubt that some of the posters ever have) then you should know to keep your snouts out of another country's affairs. If I visited UK or US as a guest, I would never consider condemning another countries politics whilst I was a guest there. I live in Thailand and nothing that happens in politics concerns me, I still live a great trouble free life in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Or you could move to Spain. lol 

:thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup:

1 hour ago, spiderorchid said:

Thai economy has sustained 15% tourism for many years. It is not expected to go lower and may rise according to people more highly educated than you. Please use spell checker if you cannot spell English. I do not insult, if you do live in Thailand, you will have become immune to the politics. The politics does not affect you, they do not concern you as a visitor to this beautiful and now, almost peaceful country. IE, do not stick your insulting anti Thai comments in everyones' face. It may well come back to haunt you when Immigration checks your papers  

Yes , all my comments have indicated it will rise , show me where I said otherwise.

In actual fact show anything I said that was ' anti Thai ' other than in your imagination lol

Edited by joecoolfrog

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

Qed

9 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Yes , all my comments have indicated it will rise , show me where I said otherwise.

In actual fact show anything I said that was ' anti Thai ' other than in your imagination lol

You are now toning down your anti Thai comments. Well good for you. You should not interfere or comment on Thai politics. If you actually do live here, and I suspect not, you are a guest here. Imagine if as a guest of your former country, I poured constant scorn on your country. If you do live here, look on the positives, do not involve yourself in politics and learn to relax. Relaxing is easy to do in LOS.

5 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

You are now toning down your anti Thai comments. Well good for you. You should not interfere or comment on Thai politics. If you actually do live here, and I suspect not, you are a guest here. Imagine if as a guest of your former country, I poured constant scorn on your country. If you do live here, look on the positives, do not involve yourself in politics and learn to relax. Relaxing is easy to do in LOS.

Neither of the examples were anti Thai , neither was anything I posted before. 

One of the first things anybody is taught in business is that you do not keep all your eggs in one basket. Do you not understand what that means ?

8 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

"You should not interfere or comment on Thai politics."

Why shouldn't one comment on Thai politics when you do? Why are you so obsessed with what others choose to do with their time? Look on the positives, do not involve yourself in politics and learn to relax. Relaxing is easy to do in LOS.

3 hours ago, baboon said:

"You should not interfere or comment on Thai politics."

Why shouldn't one comment on Thai politics when you do? Why are you so obsessed with what others choose to do with their time? Look on the positives, do not involve yourself in politics and learn to relax. Relaxing is easy to do in LOS.

No, you should not interfere with any countries politics if you are living as a guest in that country. It is not only rude, it is not setting any sort of diplomatic help with you as an ambassador of your own country. Go back home and moan about affairs in your own country

5 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

No, you should not interfere with any countries politics if you are living as a guest in that country. It is not only rude, it is not setting any sort of diplomatic help with you as an ambassador of your own country. Go back home and moan about affairs in your own country

Let me just clarify this: Is it O.K. to lambast another country if you are not physically present in that country? 

On 3/16/2017 at 10:10 PM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Wow, and you call others whingers?  Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today?

The Thai bashers and people like you who never have anything better to do

I have a brilliant idea! Reduce the tax on beer and spirits by 50% for anyone with a Thai Id card or droving licence. Now if you dont have one then you pay 100% more than the price you thought you were going to pay + VAT ( govt cut ) + bar fine ( landlords cut ).

The world is full of tourists queuing up to come and experience Thainess.

1 hour ago, nong38 said:

I have a brilliant idea! Reduce the tax on beer and spirits by 50% for anyone with a Thai Id card or droving licence. Now if you dont have one then you pay 100% more than the price you thought you were going to pay + VAT ( govt cut ) + bar fine ( landlords cut ).

The world is full of tourists queuing up to come and experience Thainess.

Yes but they would not have to, well not for so long anyway if Thai immigration pulled their fingers out

On 3/18/2017 at 4:07 AM, spiderorchid said:

So you don't have an opinion on world affairs then.  Have you wrapped yourself in a cocoon?  if so that is fine but please allow others the basic freedom to form an opinion on various things in our world.

On 3/19/2017 at 6:02 PM, baboon said:

Let me just clarify this: Is it O.K. to lambast another country if you are not physically present in that country? 

I'm not in Syria but I lambaste what's going on there as do many others around the world.  Can't walk around with blinkers on.

21 hours ago, Thechook said:

I'm not in Syria but I lambaste what's going on there as do many others around the world.  Can't walk around with blinkers on.

Actually, what is your recipe for lamb baste. I know that Syria has goats, but I never saw blinkers on them. 

39 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Actually, what is your recipe for lamb baste. I know that Syria has goats, but I never saw blinkers on them. 

That is rather a cheap shot if I may say so. It was obvious he meant 'lambast', but perhaps his spellchecker is as dodgy as my own.

You see fit to excoriate the United States on here, but should someone call into question the Thai military junta, that is seemingly out of bounds to your way of thinking. I'm just interested as to why this is?

9 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

I would suggest you have another look at what Thechook actually said

You must not change his quote, in an attempt to give a childish post some form of legitimacy