Ukrainian woman, 26, is serious condition following car crash in Phuket

webfact

Ukrainian woman, 26, is serious condition following car crash in Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1489719518_1-org.jpg

The woman was still inside the vehicle when the rescue team arrived. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Police are still making investigations into an accident in Kathu yesterday that has left a 26-year-old Ukrainian woman in a serious condition at Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Phuket rescue workers were informed of an accident opposite the Bangchak gasoline station on Phra Phuket Kaew Rd in Kathu yesterday afternoon where it was reported an out of control car had crashed into a motorbike and car.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ukrainian-woman-26-is-serious-condition-following-car-crash-in-phuket-61420.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-03-17

3 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Looks like a can opener was used on this car.

The article mentions she was still in the car when the rescue team arrived.  It's possible they had to cut the roof and lift her out.

Not sure if they have the jaws of life here, maybe they cut the pillars of the roof with a metal cutting disc. 

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

The article mentions she was still in the car when the rescue team arrived.  It's possible they had to cut the roof and lift her out.

Not sure if they have the jaws of life here, maybe they cut the pillars of the roof with a metal cutting disc. 

No, when jaws-of-life are used, all six pillars are cut and the roof lifted off. Same would be true if using a cutting disc.

Look at the damage to the blue 4 x 4 on the right of the picture. There is damage to the roof of the vehicle. I reckon this women's car somersaulted and came down on top of it ripping its roof off in the process. Like beechbum intimated . she'd be going bloody quick to do that!

Drives the same as 99% Eastern Europeans do here like they own the place 

I see countless 18-30 year old Russians or similar looking women riding mopeds & motorbikes & cars with no regard for others and seem to forget how to drive in Thailand 

the blokes are bad but the women here are just stupid and I am sure this won't be the last.......

40 minutes ago, Itsnottheplaceitwas said:

Drives the same as 99% Eastern Europeans do here like they own the place 

I see countless 18-30 year old Russians or similar looking women riding mopeds & motorbikes & cars with no regard for others and seem to forget how to drive in Thailand 

the blokes are bad but the women here are just stupid and I am sure this won't be the last.......

Actually, I don't think they've forgotten how to drive. I've visited both Bulgaria and Ukraine and they're just as crazy in their home countries.

23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

No, when jaws-of-life are used, all six pillars are cut and the roof lifted off. Same would be true if using a cutting disc.

Look at the damage to the blue 4 x 4 on the right of the picture. There is damage to the roof of the vehicle. I reckon this women's car somersaulted and came down on top of it ripping its roof off in the process. Like beechbum intimated . she'd be going bloody quick to do that!

Must have been airborne at some stage to do that - literally, "flying."