Buying A Car On A Tourist Visa

uk_falang

Hi

Is it possible to buy a second hand car as a foreigner with a 60 day tourist visa?

I have been advised by a friend that I need to get a letter from my embassy stating my current address in Thailand. Using this letter I can somehow purchase this car.

Please advise thanks.

Let's transfer this inquiry to the Motoring in Thailand forum, where you can get better answers, including some previously raised.

Some provinces have not allowed this for several months. Some even require you to have a visa that doesn't require you to leave the country every 90 days.

Which provinces please?

Thanks

Let's transfer this inquiry to the Motoring in Thailand forum, where you can get better answers, including some previously raised.

Some provinces have not allowed this for several months. Some even require you to have a visa that doesn't require you to leave the country every 90 days.

Which provinces please?

Thanks

Unless there have been recent changes i would say you should have no problem.

Sometimes in the boonies, with many Govt. Departments if they are not used to dealing with farangs , dont know the procedures or are just too lazy , you might get a knockback.

Hi

Is it possible to buy a second hand car as a foreigner with a 60 day tourist visa?

I have been advised by a friend that I need to get a letter from my embassy stating my current address in Thailand. Using this letter I can somehow purchase this car.

Please advise thanks.

Quite possible. You need a Non-Immigrant visa to get a Thai Driver's Licence though.

Quite possible. You need a Non-Immigrant visa to get a Thai Driver's Licence though.

Unless, of course, you are my American friend who got one in Cholburi with just a 30-day visa-waiver stamp a few weeks ago. Without an international drivers license endorsement no less, just a Nevada state-issued license. I regret not going with him that day!