PHOTO: New immigration office to open at BluPort

• 2 weeks later...

It's 4 times for me. They just can't help themselves. (1.Out Soi 102 way. 2. Soi 17. 3. Out on the canal road. 4. Out on the back street behind the palace.)

From what I've heard the Immigration office at BluPort is for 90-day check-in only.

For everything else the next move (i.e. from the back street by the Kings palace where it is now) will be way out of town across the highway by-pass. Apparently they are getting a new building constructed and I'm not sure if that is finished yet. The Thai taxi dudes will love it  :partytime2:

I've been in Canada now for a 6 week stay, but will check it out when I get back to HH on May 11. When I left the snapshot in the opening post was how it looked. Some weeks on now my guess is that is probably open now.

Edited by nongkhai

I'm due at immigration on Monday so I will ask them then.

When I was at BluPort last Sunday, i peeked in the window and noticed the office inside was pretty much ready. Computers installed, furniture in place etc. 

I think the office at BluPort would be pretty convenient, even if it is only for 90 day check ins

I was at Immigration on Monday and they told me the BluPort office would be opening "next month".

Whether that means 1 May or 31 May, they didn't say but expect it to be opening fairly soon. The office will be open for  90 day reporting at first, visa renewals etc still need to be done at the current office. 

I've got some more official info about the new immigration office at BluPort.

It will open on May 9 and one of the things they are using there will be a new queuing system. When you arrive you scan a QR code with your phone and that marks your place in the queue. You can then go shopping around BluPort and when it's your turn you'll receive a message on your phone informing you.

There is some other changes to immigration in HH too, just waiting for some info to be confirmed but we'll run a story on it in the HH news forum later today hopefully