Hot Food In Thai Business Class Lounge

rogerdee123

I recently made another trip to and fro USA ... and noted that the Thai lounges have hot food (i.e. not just those heated pastries) at certain (dining?) times. I was catching the flight to LAX and at about 6 PM the large lounge brought out big silver heated pots of fried rice and saurkraut (sp?) with sliced sausages. Although I wouldn't have order this in a restaurant, it is an improvement over those pastries. I also checked out the lounge at C and they had hot fried rice only. But they did provide me with some Nam Pla upon request. :o

As a sideline .... the Louis Tavern lounge (Priority Pass) 1st class lounge has hot soup all day long and a better selection of snacks that Thai ROP business lounge. OK I know this Louis Tavern Lounge is supposedly first class but at Don Muang it had similar lousy food as Thai Business Lounge.

I haven't visited the Thai First Class lounge in Suvanaphumi yet but at Don Muang the food selection was similar to Business Class.

Edited by rogerdee123

The Emirates lounge at Gatwick airport is FANTASTIC in its hot food selection as well as cold buffet select (smoked salmon, fish, olives, mezze etc) . If you want to stick with rice and saurkraut you know who to fly with. I have yet to try the Emirates lounge at Suvarnbhumi (is it open yet?) but hopefully it will beat the nastie pastie local standards.

Is the Qantas lounge open at Suva....?

No and when I had a look inside at the construction earlier this month, there was nothing yet in the way of walls or anything. Looked like they'd just started and no workers in sight. TG had workers busy on their lounges 24 hours a day to get them opened, but BA/QF don't seem to have the same concerns. So it will apparently still be a long time before it is open. They do though have a very large area, so the lounge should be quite spacious when finished.

Is the Qantas lounge open at Suva....?

No and when I had a look inside at the construction earlier this month, there was nothing yet in the way of walls or anything. Looked like they'd just started and no workers in sight. TG had workers busy on their lounges 24 hours a day to get them opened, but BA/QF don't seem to have the same concerns. So it will apparently still be a long time before it is open. They do though have a very large area, so the lounge should be quite spacious when finished.

So which lounge do Qantas clubbers get to use?? any??? :o

The Royal Silk lounge at concourse C. It also had two 'living room' type seating area where a family can close the door and have some privacy while waiting. Or prevent noisy kids from disturbing other travellers.

Perfect also for those who want to get some sleep.

So which lounge do Qantas clubbers get to use?? any??? :o

Oh you lucky Qantas passengers, you get to use the Louis Tavern Business Lounge, Level 3, at the intersection of Concourses D,E,F,G. First have a look next door at the spacious area where your lounge should be. Then wander into the Louis Tavern Lounge where you will be greeted by the hordes of your fellow passengers traveling on ANA, Ethiopian, Etihad, British Ari, Finnair, United, Northwest, Kuwait Air, Gulf Air, Air India, Indian Air, Vietnam Air, and a few other airlines as well who all contract out to the same lounge. Oh, joy! And if you manage to ever find a seat in there then thank your lucky stars. Thankfully I fly TG exclusively out of Suvarnabhumi and have a choice of three different lounges, but I will walk by your lounge and wave to you all. :D

Edited by Soju

If you are a Gold /Star Alli member and leaving from Londons terminal 3 for LOS and fancy a "ruby" go upstairs to the Singapore Airways Business Lounge ( Star Alli )

Nice and quiet ,lots of newspaper ,proper Bar, Internet... and as said ....curry and rice.... :o

I usually use/check out the other 2 in the area....the big main one (shared) as well as the ...think ..United Airways (red Cap) but they only do sarnies,nuts,biscuits and those soggy pasti things......cheap skates..... :D

I recently made another trip to and fro USA ... and noted that the Thai lounges have hot food (i.e. not just those heated pastries) at certain (dining?) times. I was catching the flight to LAX and at about 6 PM the large lounge brought out big silver heated pots of fried rice and saurkraut (sp?) with sliced sausages.

Simple explanation: STAR alliance! LH=the Germans are the main partner, and they've given up their own lounge to share an all-THAI=STAR now. Indeed hot food at mealtimes only. Seems like SQ=SING will be doing same-same. Only cheapskates like UA wont pay the price.

as noted before; flyertalk.com is THE site for much more detailed infon this matter

By gum, there's some money around, isn't there?

I took one look at the price of Business Class tickets, and carried on taking my 'emergency kit' of meat pies and thermos flask along with the cheapest 'consolidators' Economy Class ticket.

One advantage, though, is that when embarking is held up, I can have a snack in the Gate holding area, to the envy of all those who don't have the old-fashioned habits of we who were brought up in the hard times of WWII.

I recently made another trip to and fro USA ... and noted that the Thai lounges have hot food (i.e. not just those heated pastries) at certain (dining?) times. I was catching the flight to LAX and at about 6 PM the large lounge brought out big silver heated pots of fried rice and saurkraut (sp?) with sliced sausages.

Simple explanation: STAR alliance! LH=the Germans are the main partner, and they've given up their own lounge to share an all-THAI=STAR now. Indeed hot food at mealtimes only. Seems like SQ=SING will be doing same-same. Only cheapskates like UA wont pay the price.

as noted before; flyertalk.com is THE site for much more detailed infon this matter

Are you German?

"Germans are the main partner" "given up their own lounge". Really? I thought that all star alliance members (that Lufthansa are only a small part of, although a good airline) have a policy to have use of a main lounge in the associated partners home airports, and just have use of them for business reasons. i.e. saving money.

Thai, SAS, Asiana, Singapore etc will use the Lufthansa ones in Germany.

They'll all use the Thai air ones in Thailand.

They'll all use the SAS ones in Scandoland.

I think you get the picture.

UA aren't cheapskates, they just aren't members of the same alliance.

Reminds me of a sketch "bloody Germans". I think I'll search for it on youtube.

UA aren't cheapskates, they just aren't members of the same alliance.

United was one of the founding carriers of the Star Alliance. Last time I checked, there were still in the alliance. Have they dropped out?

United was one of the founding carriers of the Star Alliance. Last time I checked, there were still in the alliance. Have they dropped out?

United is still part of Star Alliance. Now, Lufthansa is the main Partner of Star. They are the biggest Airline in this Network and founding Partner. Not much will go inside of Star Alliance without the agreement of Lufthansa. Some German bashers may not like this fact; but who gives a fxxk.

Qantas was concerned about the lounge! They begged, pleaded, threatened but AOT kept changing the space and size that they were given for the lounge! We got the space 1 month before the airport opened. So it was not the fault of QF/BA. Now what you see on the outside looks good compared to what we have behind the scenes. Crew lounges? ha! I'm practically changing in the hallways in unlit corridors with no where to freshen up before flight. Tech crew have it bad as well. If only you all could see behind the scenes. It's working chaos...and sometimes not working!