Thailand and Germany join hands to tackle climate change

webfact

Thailand and Germany join hands to tackle climate change

BANGKOK, 27 April 2017 (NNT) – Thailand and Germany are moving ahead with behavioral reformation to accommodate climate change in accordance with the master plan 2015-2050. 

Mrs. Rawiwan Phuridej, the Secretary General of the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning, said that the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning along with the German International Cooperation Agency (GIZ), the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), have summarized their operational results and lessons learned from implementing the climate change policy under the project to promote development of Thailand’s climate change policy. 

Over the past four years, Thailand has been receiving technological support that will lead to regional and local implementation of the Climate Change Master Plan 2015-2050. An action plan will be formulated to correspond to the context and developmental direction of each area. 

There are currently 17 pilot provinces including Chiang Rai, Nan, Sukhothai, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Sawan, Saraburi, Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Phetchaburi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Krabi and Songkhla. The project is long-term and will be expanded to cover 60 more provinces so that they will be able to cope with climate change and reduce emissions of greenhouse gas.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-27

Simply requiring malls and shops to set air conditioning at comfortable level, rather than walk in freezer levels, would save massive amounts of energy. One shouldn't need to bundle up in order to go to a movie either

I think thailand contributes already to climate change considerably with all the wild fires, charcoal manufacture rubbish burning, busses, diesel trucks, polluted waters, unrgulated facory run off and such.... One could say they are at the fore front of climate change. Keep up the good work thais! All should be proud and HAPPY!!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

There are currently 17 pilot provinces including Chiang Rai, Nan, Sukhothai, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Sawan, Saraburi, Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon, Rayong, Phetchaburi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Krabi and Songkhla. The project is long-term and will be expanded to cover 60 more provinces so that they will be able to cope with climate change and reduce emissions of greenhouse gas.

I see we did not make the cut in Chiang Mai

38 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

I think thailand contributes already to climate change considerably with all the wild fires, charcoal manufacture rubbish burning, busses, diesel trucks, polluted waters, unrgulated facory run off and such.... One could say they are at the fore front of climate change. Keep up the good work thais! All should be proud and HAPPY!!

Well, at least they don't burn the trash. Hell, they don't even pick it up.

Is this report for real!?

Tackle climate change! What here!?

The good intentions may probably back-track in my opinion. As experience has shown, time and time again.

There are a huge amount of vehicles that are clearly defective. Not roadworthy. Why are they not taken off the roads? Poor law enforcement yet again.

Litter is everywhere especially plastic. Why do shops have to load onto a customer, far too many plastic bags plus plastic straws, namely 7/11!

Although there are limited numbers of bins, I still witness the public, not foreigners, simply throwing there waste where ever they so please.

I was taught to dispose of my litter in a responsible way, namely using a bin. If I was unable to locate a bin, I was to take my waste home, which I still practise to this day. I'm no saint but I do have respect for the environment plus myself and others.

If people within Thailand made an effort in contributing to a change, in a positive way, as with any nation, I'm all for that but somehow, I cannot see it happening here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect