Nintendo Wii

SARGEY

Greetings everyone

Does anyone know if the Nintendo Wii console and games are available in Chiang Mai? If so, where please, and any idea of prices?

I will be in Chiang Mai early Jan so any help would be appreciated.

All the best for Xmas & 2007

I talked to the 2 shops at the top of sad son kaew(no idea how it´s spelled) supermaket, they don´t have it but said they can order it. I think it was somwhere at airport plaza that said they would have it by now.

Thanks for your help keyser, I'll take a look around there when I arrive in Jan. All the best mate.

Any ideas of the prices? I plan on having one shipped to me from the states along with some other stuff, but that's only if the cost of shipping is less than buying it here.

I have yet to read up about the regional systems Ie if I buy here will I be able to use it in America and vis versa.

Hi there

I'm in UK. Limited stock was available when it was released over here. It seems one or two individuals bought up most of what was available, and are selling them on Ebay at inflated prices, or priced at retail with a massive postage charge.

I think the package includes a couple of games and sells at about £279. in retailers.

Merry Xmas and a Happpy New Year to everyone.

P.S. Raise the temperature a little please before I arrive on 11th.

The games shop in the food court area of Airport Plaza has them for, I think, 14K Baht at present.

Hey p1p,

Does this games shop sell xbox 360's? Trying to find out if they are available in cm as well and if to check prices/games etc....... thanks wadsy

The games shop in the food court area of Airport Plaza has them for, I think, 14K Baht at present.

Hey p1p,

Does this games shop sell xbox 360's? Trying to find out if they are available in cm as well and if to check prices/games etc....... thanks wadsy

Yes, I think they have them in stock there.

I’m toying with the idea of buying a games console but have to admit to knowing nothing about the subject. I’d be looking for something for 2 players and a variety of games sold at reasonable prices (what ever that may be!). Any thoughts / suggestions please?

I’m toying with the idea of buying a games console but have to admit to knowing nothing about the subject. I’d be looking for something for 2 players and a variety of games sold at reasonable prices (what ever that may be!). Any thoughts / suggestions please?

You might be very happy with a PS2. Since they are older you could get one for cheap (I don't know how much, I have never bought a sony game system) But they have pirated games all over the place.

If you want a new generation system, well the PS3 costs $600 for 1 controller and no game in the US. After a few games and controllers you could hit 30k baht...

The 360 is great, my friends have it, but it will also be $.

Both the Xbox360 and PS3 are pointless to get unless you have an HDTV.

The wii is based on motion controllers. to play tennis you hold the controller (which looks like a tv remote) and swing your arm, same goes for swords and all sorts of crazy devices. Above they said 14k baht.

But if you want cheaper, lots of games of many types, go for the PS2 :o

You could also try the lady boy near the rear escalator (MK restaurant end) at Tesco's Kamthieng - he/she always has Xbox 360's in stock (Jap models with mod-chip preinstalled), and could probably get the Wii for you if he/she doesn't already have it. I'm waiting for him/her to get modded PS3's in personally..

You might be very happy with a PS2. Since they are older you could get one for cheap (I don't know how much, I have never bought a sony game system) But they have pirated games all over the place.

If you want a new generation system, well the PS3 costs $600 for 1 controller and no game in the US. After a few games and controllers you could hit 30k baht...

The wii is based on motion controllers. to play tennis you hold the controller (which looks like a tv remote) and swing your arm, same goes for swords and all sorts of crazy devices. Above they said 14k baht.

Thank you for the advice - PS it is then :D

Thank you for the advice - PS it is then :D

SSE, take my word for it, you'll do fine with PS2. I have one and happy with it. forget the new machines. more for gamers who want that umphh and don't mind the extra $$$ its going at.

OK so it seems an American system WON'T play a japanese game.

14,000 baht = $390

$250 back home, I doubt its $140 to ship it here, now I just have to read if I am allowed to ship it here.

Beware import duty BA you could be lucky and pay nothing but you could have to pay lots to have it released. No rhyme or reason to import duties here.

OK so it seems an American system WON'T play a japanese game.

14,000 baht = $390

$250 back home, I doubt its $140 to ship it here, now I just have to read if I am allowed to ship it here.

Beware import duty BA you could be lucky and pay nothing but you could have to pay lots to have it released. No rhyme or reason to import duties here.

yeah I know :/ But recently I decided on my return to the US I will pick up a new laptop instead.

But if I decide on it I will get a wii then.

There is rhyme and reason, if the workers doing the duty know what the wii is and have kids, the duty is high :o

• 2 years later...

I'm after a Nintendo Wii User Manual in Thai language? Not sure if such a thing exists & have searched the internet + Nintendo's website, without any success.

If anyone can help, please can they either post a copy for me to download, or just PS me?

I've been up and down Central Airport Plaza looking for this games shop and damned if I can find it. I gotta get glasses I think. Anyone know exactly where abouts its located? Thanks in advance.........

At the 4th floor, cinema area, the game shop is opposite to Karaoke shop and Dok Yah Book Store.

You can buy Wii from Tesco Lotus. I see it at Tesco Lutus KamTieng.