Any Chiropractor's In Pattaya?

Ungabunga

Have been suffering with a bad back now for a while. I've tried traditional massage (and yes, the odd soapy here and there to boost flagging morale) but it's still the same - to the extent I can't put my socks on in the morning.

Does anyone know of, or can recommend any chiroprators in or around Pattaya? From what I'm told, this may be my best chance if I'm to stop wearing flip flops and go back to my sock wearing days.

Thanks, and sorry if this is not a terribly exciting forum topic!!

Have been suffering with a bad back now for a while. I've tried traditional massage (and yes, the odd soapy here and there to boost flagging morale) but it's still the same - to the extent I can't put my socks on in the morning.

Does anyone know of, or can recommend any chiroprators in or around Pattaya? From what I'm told, this may be my best chance if I'm to stop wearing flip flops and go back to my sock wearing days.

Thanks, and sorry if this is not a terribly exciting forum topic!!

Dr. David Pack......his surgery is in the grounds of the Nova Lodge Hotel (adjacent to the car park). Excellent.

There was a Dr. Ron Watkins on Soi 23 on the Pattaya-Naklua Road who was very, very good but some years ago and last time I saw him he was showing his age. But I think he trained his Thai staff. 038 422 657 if it is still open. I, myself, don't get on with David Pack. You could also try Bangkok Pattaya Hospital Physiotherapy Dept. I was happy enough with them. Good luck.

David Pack didn't do my back any good, he's got a set up like a cattle market.You are allowed 10 minutes whether you need it or not.

I'm still looking for someone to replace Nigel from the Iron Man Gym, he certainly knew his stuff but I think he's back in the UK now.

If anyone finds a good quack please let me know

Dr. David Pack......his surgery is in the grounds of the Nova Lodge Hotel (adjacent to the car park). Excellent.

My comment was made on a visit about five years ago but, like some subsequent posters, other friends and acquaintances have commented negatively on his service. Oh well, nothing stays the same in Pattaya.

I have used Dr David for some years, his "bedside" manner could do with some improvement, but he does help me, the bottom line is I know off nobody else. (tel. 038361077)

Dr Ron must be retired now, I used to see him in Bangkok 10 years + ago before he moved to Pattaya, he was 87 then if I remember correctly.

Cheers

Dr Ron must be retired now, I used to see him in Bangkok 10 years + ago before he moved to Pattaya, he was 87 then if I remember correctly.

Cheers

He's now changed his name to Yorky and is known to haunt the halls of TV Chat, falling over and dribbling wherever he goes :o

In the past I've always done what was previously mentioned with the bathroom attendants at clubs. But I also have been wanting to go to a real chiropractor.

Does anybody know what the going rate for an adjustment is in Thailand?

I have hunted all over Bangkok for a chiropractor without success. So there's just David Pack or perhaps Thais trained by Ron Watkins who was very good. I saw David Pack last in 2003 and he charged B1,000 for first visit and B600 for sunsequent visits.

At the moment I am using a gentleman Thai masseur who is very well qualified. I pay him B500 per massage and he really does help my problem. Tonight I can lift my arm without too much discomfort. I should see him more often.

If you would like to see him PM me for his telephone #

I have used the physio at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Very nice lying on hot towels. My then problem was not helped but not made worse. Insurance paid for it.

Dr. David Pack......his surgery is in the grounds of the Nova Lodge Hotel

I tried the guy, once. And that was one too many. He seemed really uncomfortable adjusting the spine. And that is what they profess to do, don't they?

Edited by Khleerm

Had 6 weeks treatment back in the UK for a shoulder injury and mentioned to mr bakc doctor I was heading off to LOS for 4 weeks holiday and about the mass-aaaaage available, he said that some do more harm than good, especially if they dont know what they're doing? Not too sure how true this is though....

That said, the old 'neck cracker' you get whilst taking a wee is very refreshing once you learn not to jump and spray 2nd hand Chang all over the falang next to you :o

Had 6 weeks treatment back in the UK for a shoulder injury and mentioned to mr bakc doctor I was heading off to LOS for 4 weeks holiday and about the mass-aaaaage available, he said that some do more harm than good, especially if they dont know what they're doing? Not too sure how true this is though....

That said, the old 'neck cracker' you get whilst taking a wee is very refreshing once you learn not to jump and spray 2nd hand Chang all over the falang next to you :o

You should not allow a masseur to put pressure directly on the spine. And toilet attendants cracking elderly necks! I cringe at the very thought.

One thing you can do at home that might help a bad back is to hang by your hands from a door. The weight of your body will stretch the spine and maybe things will click back into place. Another thing you can do carefully is to put your feet on either side of the door while grasping the door knobs. Lean back. If you have pain stop immediately and turn around. Grasp the door handles again and lean forward. In one of these positions you probably won't have pain and will stretch your back and things might slip back into place. But gently, gently! But maybe better to have Dr. Pack do a manipulation or physio at BPH.

My sincere thanks for all the suggestions that you have given me, very much appreciated and welcomed. I'm in the process of trying some of them out now. I will hopefully be able to get back to my dancing ways in the new year (pop into Lucifers, I'll be the one on the podium throwing out shapes).

PS. Recently found in a Christmas Cracker

Q: Did you hear about the guy who had two left feet?

A: He bought a pair of flip flips.

Sorry.