Visa on arrival

Ok thanks for the replies just wonder can I go to Singapore and return same day get a VOA and then reapply for my retirement Visa having all the required documents ...money in bank letter from bank etc.......just a thought

I am pretty sure you need a non imm. "O" Visa to apply for an extension of your permission to stay

on the grounds of retirement. It is not a VISA , there is no retirement or marriage VISA. Or I believe

you can, at certain imm. offices convert a visa exempt or voa to a non "O", but you will need UJs

knowledge for that info.

For info VISAs cannot be extended.

Edited by phuketjock
addition

I doubt you qualify for (need) a VOA, and would receive a 30 day visa exempt entry (no visa) on arrival.

Once in the country you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement, but first you have to apply for a non immigrant visa. That cannot be done at every office and might need two trips to Bangkok (or local office). You must apply for the visa with at least 15 days left of your 30 day visa exempt entry, and show the 800K in the bank etc. A couple of weeks after applying for the visa you will need to go back to immigration to have the visa put in your passport and to receive a new 90 day permit to stay. Within the last 30/45 days of that 90 days stay you need to visit immigration to apply for the 1 year extension of stay.

If you can get a non immigrant visa before returning to Thailand it will save you a lot of hassle.