Interested In Sony Ericsson P990i

crabstix

I have seen the SE P990i selling in Big C for 25,000 baht but it sells for a couple of thousand more from Jay Mart. I wonder does paying the extra 2000 baht give you any additional priviledges?

Also do most shops upgrade the latest firmware for you (to fix bugs) or do you have to do that yourself?

I have seen the SE P990i selling in Big C for 25,000 baht but it sells for a couple of thousand more from Jay Mart. I wonder does paying the extra 2000 baht give you any additional priviledges?

Also do most shops upgrade the latest firmware for you (to fix bugs) or do you have to do that yourself?

best money you ever spent either way, some people like nokia but smart people go for the best of the best, long time top spot and will still be hard to shift, SE have done it again and stayed number 1 ................been there for years

good luck and enjoy

The one in Jay mart may come with Thai language software whereas the one in BIG C may not.

If both are equal specs and you can see no significant difference in support and software supplied then it's a no brainer. Go to Big C.

The P990i looks like a brick and is a pig for sore eyes but for sure it is one great peice of kit and beats the rest of the other phones hands down. I have one of the older models and will pick myself up a new one again when the price comes down to a more sensible level.

I don't know mate. I'm a Nokia man all the way. On an E70 at the moment.

Does the Sony have wifi?

Yep. This model has wifi. A friend of mine uses the p910 & says it's great in terms of stability and ease of use. He highly recommended it and from the looks of the reviews, it looks like something which is fairly future proof. The only downer seems to be that it lacks edge. How is stability on the E70? Easy to use?

The E70 is great, has all the connectivity, bluetooth. wifi, edge etc. loads of extra software you can get (for a price) reasonable camera, 2GB of storage available with the card, never crashes, small compared to most full option phones with qwerty keyboard, plus loads more.

Never really used SE products, but imagine Nokia would be hard to beat.

I don't know mate. I'm a Nokia man all the way. On an E70 at the moment.

Does the Sony have wifi?

Yep. This model has wifi. A friend of mine uses the p910 & says it's great in terms of stability and ease of use. He highly recommended it and from the looks of the reviews, it looks like something which is fairly future proof. The only downer seems to be that it lacks edge. How is stability on the E70? Easy to use?

I was interested in the 990i until I read two or three horrific reviews of this one... conclusion was nice idea, but way too buggy, and way too unstable, in addition to bizarre user interface decisions... enough to turn me off.

Did they improve the firmware in the meantime?

The very same reviews also praised the previous 9xx series... it looked like the 990i was the first dud in the series...

I had a 900. The software glitch that reboots the phone is still present with the 990i.

The firmware can be updated online.

I use a Nokia 9500. A brick, but never fails. Bigger screen, too. :o

Yes, i can confirm that...Nokia 9500 never lets me down .....a bit big and not really the fastest but it has everything in one and works great , battery life is surprisingly good too...