Renewal of 2 year Motorcycle license using TR visa in Chiangmai.

Daz1966

I am looking for some advise regarding the renewal of my 2 year motorcycle license in Chiangmai. I have only got a single entry tourist visa. Will they accept this visa? What documents do I need to provide.

Your help in this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

A tourist visa for 2 years? Wow that's a first.

But I suppose you may have got your licence on a visit, returned home and then come back months/years later.

Tricky one...you could only but try. 2x photos, certificate of residence.  Not sure if there's more.

Try the search function on licence renewal 

I am looking for some advise regarding the renewal of my 2 year motorcycle license in Chiangmai. I have only got a single entry tourist visa. Will they accept this visa? What documents do I need to provide.
Your help in this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Yes you can.
I went through the whole process of getting a new licence a year ago in a tourist visa.
There's other threads on it.
But it was
Passport
Cert of residence
Medical certificate
My UK license

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

On 14/06/2017 at 6:28 AM, Nick ZepTepi said:

Yes you can.
I went through the whole process of getting a new licence a year ago in a tourist visa.
There's other threads on it.
But it was
Passport
Cert of residence
Medical certificate
My UK license

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I will try and renew it tomorrow. I will see what happens then.

20 hours ago, Daz1966 said:

Thanks for the info. I will try and renew it tomorrow. I will see what happens then.

Here is the process I went through to obtain a renewal of my license.

1. Obtain a Certificate of residence. Obtain a TM30 form from the One Stop service. (2nd floor - Promenada) Get your landlord or spouse to complete this form. You will need copy of house book and copy of the landlords or spouses ID card, copy front page of your passport and your visa . This service is free form the one stop shop, but will take about 20 days. I could not wait and I paid 500 baht at room 7 on the ground floor near the photocopy shop at Promenada and got it the next day. Copies of passport front page, visa, 2 of 6 cm x 4 cm photos,and departure card required at room 7. 

2. Obtain medical certificate from Macormick hospital or any hospital (100 baht) It took 5 minutes.

3. Went to the LTO with copies of passport front page and visa. Copy of old license and the original taken as it is also needed. Medical certificate from the hospital.

4. Submit forms for verification. Get queue number.

5. Watch a safety video for an hour.

6. Get another queue number. Pay fee 205 Baht.

7. Get another queue number and have electronic picture taken.

8. Get new license.

The whole process took 3 days. I arrived at the LTO at 9.20 and left at 14.20 so take a book.