Retiree non-O visa

So much information my head is spinning, the more I read the more I forget what I read, yes I am a retiree,

ok so from Aus I enter thai on a tourist visa, I go to a thai embassy and apply for a Non Imm visa which involves filling

out a TM86 form and paying 2000 baht, what supporting documentation is required?, do you need dollars in a thai

bank or is that only for a year extension?, on the form where it sais "Reason" do I put "Retire",

let's say for example that I manage to obtain this Non Imm visa, I am permitted to stay for 90 days, what happens if

I have a flight out after only 30 days and then wish to re-enter?, do I need to go through the whole process again?,  or

when the 90 days expires and I leave the country, can I get back in with an extension?, hope you can understand my dribble

any advise would be appreciated.

You could apply for the non-o visa outside the country at a Thai embassy or consulate by using their visa application form.

The TM86 form would be used at an immigration office here in the country to apply for a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.  The money must be in a Thai bank on the date of application or proof of 65k bath income.

Basic requirement are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

After getting the 90 day entry you could get a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when you re-enter the country.

Then you would apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry. At that time the 800k baht would need to be in the bank for 60 days. After getting the extension you could get a single or multiple re-entry permit to keep the extension valid if you want to travel.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for the non-o visa outside the country at a Thai embassy or consulate by using their visa application form.

The TM86 form would be used at an immigration office here in the country to apply for a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.  The money must be in a Thai bank on the date of application or proof of 65k bath income.

Basic requirement are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

After getting the 90 day entry you could get a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when you re-enter the country.

Then you would apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry. At that time the 800k baht would need to be in the bank for 60 days. After getting the extension you could get a single or multiple re-entry permit to keep the extension valid if you want to travel.

as always, 100% correct; i would add that the OP needs to get a calendar and circle the days so as NOT to screw them up

1 minute ago, blix99 said:

My head spinning too! Can one apply in country while on an METV for a non-o visa or do you have to return to your homeland or another country? Thanks for any advice.

You could apply for a visa while in the country during any of the 60 day entries from your visa up to the last 15 days of the entry.

No need to go your home country or go out to apply for a non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.