What the requirements for applying a 30 days extension ? seems it's more complicated more papers.

I see that is became more difficult to applying for a extension of 30 days to exempt-visa entries, or tourist visa.. 

my friend in Pattaya told me they're asking the copy of the owner ID..

so what if I am staying in hotel, do I need to show that ?

Where is easiest to apply actually a 30 days extension.. Bangkok ? Pattaya ? Phuket ? 

It's especially needed for my girlfriend Filipina

Need to show them some type of dated letter or printout from the hotel/apt/condo verifying you're staying there. For an additional.B1000, the assitants outside (Jomtien) used to procure one for you lickety-split! 

• Like 2

I'm going to the Jomtien office today. Yesterday I went to grab paperwork to fill out and they gave me a slip of paper that says you need 3 things:

1. Copy of passport

2. 1 photo

3. Copy of your address in Chonburi. Choose 1 of these choices:

*Copy of ID card of house owner

*Copy house registration

*Copy of rent contract

*Copy of business card & receipt from your hotel or a hotel certificate.

Last time I went, they gave me the Notification Form that the hotel or landlord MUST fill out (which is a pain in the ass because she lives in north Pattaya).

They gave me the same form again, but I'm going today with just a copy of my rent contract (and pp/photo), and hopefully they accept that only. 

If they stick to that new rule, this will make extensions in Jomtien a lot easier. 

I've done extensions in Bangkok and they never asked for anything from my hotel or landlord, so it was much easier to do and less to fill out up there.

20170727_124655.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Need to show them some type of dated letter or printout from the hotel/apt/condo verifying you're staying there. For an additional.B1000, the assitants outside (Jomtien) used to procure one for you lickety-split! 

What a scam !

7 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

What a scam !

Yes, probably...but a useful workaround. Buddy of mine a few years ago wanted to stay longer than his 30 days and the rules had changed to include this requirement. They told him to just get a computer printout from his hotel. He laughed as he told them he was staying at a tiny B500/night hotel which didn't even have a computer...so much as a printer! That's when the B1000 workaround was offered! I told him he could probably go in to any of the nearby hotels and "buy" verification from reception for B500 saving B500! He just paid the B1000 there and had proof of stay signed and delivered in 15 minutes!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They were requiring a TM30 at Jomtien if you were staying at any "non-registered" place (e.g., condo).    'Not sure what happens if you check-in to a hotel just to get around all this and then show them your hotel invoice or whatever that's just for those couple of days.  But going up to Bangkok for a couple of days to get the extension at the Chaengwattana immigration office is a surefire workaround.