Boy, 15, Shot Dead For Staring

thaigerd

From Phuket Gazette:

Boy, 15, shot dead for staring

PHUKET CITY: Piyawuth “Ab” Pattamapaneewong, 19, and Wirat “Dam” Thongsu, 20, both from Phuket City, have been charged with gunning down a 15-year-old boy about 12.30 am on December 24.

The victim was identified as Chumphon “Toto” Ruengdam, son of Prasert “Phu Yai Soi” Ruengdam, Headman of Rassada Village 3.

Police arrested the two suspects about 5 am the same day in a rented room on Samkong Rd, where they were sleeping soundly. Police found a shotgun along with four unused cartridges and a fifth spent cartridge behind the headboard of the bed.

The officer in charge of the case, who asked to remain anonymous, said that Chumphon was riding around Phuket City with six to eight friends, when he saw Ab and Dam at the Clock Tower traffic circle.

Ab and Dam were allegedly incensed by Chumphon staring at them, and followed him to Satree Phuket School intersection; where Ab pulled out a sawed-off shotgun from his waistband and hit Chumphon twice over the head with it.

Dam sped away, but as he did so Ab fired at Chumphon, riddling his body with nine pellets.

Chumphon managed to hold on to his friend for 200 meters or so after being shot, but then fell to the roadway and died.

The two suspects have been charged with murder and unlawful possession of a firearm.

Before Jail them I suggest to send them in Baghdad or Mogadiscio for a month ( to help them to better understand some concept ..... )

From Phuket Gazette:

PHUKET CITY: Piyawuth "Ab" Pattamapaneewong, 19, and Wirat "Dam" Thongsu, 20, both from Phuket City, have been charged with gunning down a 15-year-old boy about 12.30 am on December 24.

The victim was identified as Chumphon "Toto" Ruengdam, son of Prasert "Phu Yai Soi" Ruengdam, Headman of Rassada Village 3.

Police arrested the two suspects about 5 am the same day in a rented room on Samkong Rd, where they were sleeping soundly. Police found a shotgun along with four unused cartridges and a fifth spent cartridge behind the headboard of the bed.

The officer in charge of the case, who asked to remain anonymous, said that Chumphon was riding around Phuket City with six to eight friends, when he saw Ab and Dam at the Clock Tower traffic circle.

Ab and Dam were allegedly incensed by Chumphon staring at them, and followed him to Satree Phuket School intersection; where Ab pulled out a sawed-off shotgun from his waistband and hit Chumphon twice over the head with it.

Dam sped away, but as he did so Ab fired at Chumphon, riddling his body with nine pellets.

Chumphon managed to hold on to his friend for 200 meters or so after being shot, but then fell to the roadway and died.

The two suspects have been charged with murder and unlawful possession of a firearm.

so much for jai yen yen. i find this to be a senseless waste of a young life.

idiots.

Sure hope this is a result of the lovely "Hip Hop" culture making it's way over here.

The whole pseudo Gangster image presented by clowns in their music video's and rap lyrics.

I can go back home if I want to be around that trash.

Before Jail them I suggest to send them in Baghdad or Mogadiscio for a month ( to help them to better understand some concept ..... )
From Phuket Gazette:

PHUKET CITY: Piyawuth "Ab" Pattamapaneewong, 19, and Wirat "Dam" Thongsu, 20, both from Phuket City, have been charged with gunning down a 15-year-old boy about 12.30 am on December 24.

The victim was identified as Chumphon "Toto" Ruengdam, son of Prasert "Phu Yai Soi" Ruengdam, Headman of Rassada Village 3.

Id rather send them over to knock off George and invade the US. You have to get to the root of the problem. :o

From Phuket Gazette:

Id rather send them over to knock off George and invade the US. You have to get to the root of the problem. :o

IMHO - the 'root of the problem' is that Phuket is now an international "no-man's land" with no true cultural roots. It no longer has a local Thai cultural identity as the population is drawn from all over the kingdom with a large international influence.

Couple these factors with the failure of authorities to recognise the multi-cultural mix, allow an 'international' lifestyle and educate the workforce to world standards ie. blocking/ denying world events & influences - then confusion and ignorance is bound to reign!!!

Ignorance breeds chaos....

From Phuket Gazette:

IMHO - the 'root of the problem' is that Phuket is now an international "no-man's land" with no true cultural roots. It no longer has a local Thai cultural identity as the population is drawn from all over the kingdom with a large international influence.

Couple these factors with the failure of authorities to recognise the multi-cultural mix, allow an 'international' lifestyle and educate the workforce to world standards ie. blocking/ denying world events & influences - then confusion and ignorance is bound to reign!!!

Phew, ###### she's good....! :D

redrus

From Phuket Gazette:

Phew, ###### she's good....! :D

redrus

Who me? Wow... thanks dude, glad someone read my post! :D

I'd hardly call Phuket Town particularly multi cultural - I'd hazard a guess that around 0.5% of the residents are anything but Thai, this is teenagers acting up, nothing to do with an International lifestyle (whatever that means) besides it's more than likely that all the participants in this tragic situation are Phuket people.

Eh? Ones a town (city) the other is a province, its pretty simple. Your statement makes no sense that Thai's are murdering Thais because the Island is considered more International or Cosmopolitan somehow, what a wild and innacurate statement.

Have you thought that maybe its just reported more here because it's seen as Thailands No.1 tourist destination? I'm not sure what voilence you are talking about either, or what you think constitutes as chaotic behaviour. Its exactly the same here as it was 5-6 years ago, no less or more violent. Phuket and the South in general has very strong cultural roots, it's own dialect, cuisine, diversity of religion, history, architecture etc... none of which is diluted in any way whatsoever by the fairly minimal presence of foreign expats that generally stay to the West Coast and Beach resorts.

Most Thais in Phuket are fairly well off, earning more than their Bangkok counterparts and are generally more easy going here than in Bangkok, the schooling is fantastic with some excellent private and public schools with excellent healthcare, seriously have you ever even been here?

Oi, come on kids.

A youth got killed. Lets not get into a debate on who knows Phuket better.

I think you're both right, maybe you're just not reading each other right. :o

redrus

Eh? Ones a town (city) the other is a province, its pretty simple. Your statement makes no sense that Thai's are murdering Thais because the Island is considered more International or Cosmopolitan somehow, what a wild and innacurate statement.

Have you thought that maybe its just reported more here because it's seen as Thailands No.1 tourist destination? I'm not sure what voilence you are talking about either, or what you think constitutes as chaotic behaviour. Its exactly the same here as it was 5-6 years ago, no less or more violent. Phuket and the South in general has very strong cultural roots, it's own dialect, cuisine, diversity of religion, history, architecture etc... none of which is diluted in any way whatsoever by the fairly minimal presence of foreign expats that generally stay to the West Coast and Beach resorts.

Most Thais in Phuket are fairly well off, earning more than their Bangkok counterparts and are generally more easy going here than in Bangkok, the schooling is fantastic with some excellent private and public schools with excellent healthcare, seriously have you ever even been here?

Murdering each other for "business conflicts" perhaps? as the local press prefer to report... don't play the 'how long have you been here game'! It doesn't wear well with the average world-citizen.... grow up!!!

Yeah cos most 15 year old kids I know have very serious "Business Conflicts".

"World Citizen" is that what your passport says?

I still don't see any sort of link between "Cosmopolitan/International" Phuket and the unfortunate murder of this young lad. Says more about gun laws and underage drinking to me more than anything else.

Yeah cos most 15 year old kids I know have very serious "Business Conflicts".

"World Citizen" is that what your passport says?

I still don't see any sort of link between "Cosmopolitan/International" Phuket and the unfortunate murder of this young lad. Says more about gun laws and underage drinking to me more than anything else.

Nor do I see any links with the above-average 'drive-by/ casual murder -rates' .... just a dime-a dozen :o

Its exactly the same here as it was 5-6 years ago, no less or more violent.

This is true. That's not only in Phuket. It's every where in LOS. Sadly, it's the kids' attitude. As many of you already know that here looking straight into one's eyes (and also staring) means challenge. I found this is sad and real stupid.

This is not new.

Its exactly the same here as it was 5-6 years ago, no less or more violent.

This is true. That's not only in Phuket. It's every where in LOS. Sadly, it's the kids' attitude. As many of you already know that here looking straight into one's eyes (and also staring) means challenge. I found this is sad and real stupid.

This is not new.

Wonder if the word Testosterone has anything to do with this one ???

From Phuket Gazette:

Your right about Phuket, a blind man could see that, but this isnt a Phuket problem it is a country problem, both in rural areas and city areas.

"saving face" is a cultural problem and mix that with the bravado of youth, some alcohol or drugs and this is what happens.

Sure hope this is a result of the lovely "Hip Hop" culture making it's way over here.

The whole pseudo Gangster image presented by clowns in their music video's and rap lyrics.

I can go back home if I want to be around that trash.

I couldn't agree more. You don't have to look far to see the influence of "hip hop" becoming apparent in Phuket. Last time I was there I couldn't help but notice "tags" disrespectfully scribbled on roadside walls and buildings. Also, being of the younger generation myself, whenever I chose to go out to popular bars frequented by people of the similar age, I am bombarded with the gracefull melodies of r 'n' b music filled with angst ridden lyrics promoting gang-like mentality and behaviour. It is exactly as you say, trash.

It's unfortunate the beautifull place of Thailand is engaging this movement. It's one of the things I enjoy leaving behind when I get on the plane to Thailand.

Edited by Adam666

A guy got killed for staring in Phuket.

People get killed in the US and UK for the very same reason. A stare is a challange understood by any dog, monkey, or, walrus.

Bring in face or, the feeling of being "dissed" and this sh1t happens.

It was happening when I was a kid and probably before.

This is not a Phuket problem and has nothing to do with "the youth of today" either.

You got all that from one random shooting of a teenager. My My!

you are a genius for social commentary or something not really worth mentioning.

Stupid tragic stuff like this happens all around the world.

Young people in Phuket don't have the patent on stupidity. Though cases like this might lead one mistakenly to that conclusion.

Did your read about the 14 year old in Pakistan who accidently hung himself while playing with his 10 year old sister re-enacting the hanging of Saddam?

Stupidity knows no boundaries!!... You should know that by now.

Trouble is ones opinion get muddled up in being able to see things clearly.

Probably time to go to the temple light a candle, some incense and donate a few baht to the monks.

Young people today are very disrespectful to their elders. They spend too much time lazing around in bed all day like savages. They even eschew underpants if they feel so disinclined.

When I was small, I wore polished lace-up shoes, and had neat combed hair. I would say please and thank you, and eat with a knife and fork.

Nowadays they swan around sticking their middle fingers in the air, and saying '<deleted> <deleted> <deleted>, you motherfecking fecker.' and so on and so forth. Standards have dropped.

People get killed in the US and UK for the very same reason. A stare is a challange understood by any dog, monkey, or, walrus.

Bring in face or, the feeling of being "dissed" and this sh1t happens.

It was happening when I was a kid and probably before.

Totally correct IMO. When people talk about the youth of today I am always reminded of my dads stories growing up in east London with the varios gangs & then the whole mods & rockers clashing. Or when I was a teen & the smiley gangs roaming around the local high schools (for those of you not in the know, these gangs would attack a kid & slice either side of their mouth creating a large "smilie") Antisocial behaviour isn't the privilage of this generation, it has been going on for years, same as peados & sickos, there aren't more of them, they are just better reported is all.

You got all that from one random shooting of a teenager. My My!

you are a genius for social commentary or something not really worth mentioning.

Stupid tragic stuff like this happens all around the world.

Young people in Phuket don't have the patent on stupidity. Though cases like this might lead one mistakenly to that conclusion.

Did your read about the 14 year old in Pakistan who accidently hung himself while playing with his 10 year old sister re-enacting the hanging of Saddam?

Stupidity knows no boundaries!!... You should know that by now.

Trouble is ones opinion get muddled up in being able to see things clearly.

Probably time to go to the temple light a candle, some incense and donate a few baht to the monks.

Kasi...

"Trouble is ones opinion get muddled up in being able to see things clearly."???????

What are you on? Please explain.....

I can see clearly, now the rain is gone :o

^I think you have put two, or, three bricks together and are calling it a house.

Sir Burr you indeed have the gift of diplomacy. (if they had greens here you'd get a greenie!

When I read an unsubstantiated sweeping generality such as: "the 'root of the problem' is that Phuket is now an international "no-man's land" ". My eyes roll back into my head! :o

Khali here's a salient tip: "Focus on the problem and problem gets bigger. Focus on the solution and the problem goes away or becomes smaller!"

But if you have a tendency towards OCD you may find such advice spurious.

Hence my advice: Go to a temple light a candle, some incense allow your your mind to clear.

And the next time you go to Cappaninas some salad dressing will magically appear at your table!

It's just a question of allowing the opinionated cloud around your head to dissipate.

Cheerio, :D

Edited by kasi