Router with built-in VPN client

jeffandgop

I need to buy a router with built-in VPN client to add to my existing 3BB dual band router wi-fi network.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of the specific router I seek and where to buy in Chiang Mai (or Thailand)?

Thanks.

Do you already have a VPN plan?... if so what router do they recommend/support?...

If you haven't bought a VPN plan I would shop around the providers website to see which provider has a good support page that shows in detail how their vpn is setup and which router they used...

here re is just an example...

https://windscribe.com/guides/ddwrt

also many vpn providers sell preconfigured routers but are overpriced...

Edited by sfokevin

Start here: https://www.bestvpn.com/best-vpn-routers/

And, realize that while it's possible to flash (change the internal configuration) of  many routers yourself using Tomato, or DD-WRT, to enable hardware optimization with your VPN provider's service ... that is technically complex. I wouldn't try it.

Maybe some one on this thread will recommend someone with the arcane technical chops for flashing a router ?

You're still going to need a VPN provider (unless you want to try Opera's free one). I use NordVPN, and it's quite effective.

~o:37

I have Tunnel Bear as my current VPN provider but theirs doesn't work on routers. After further research today and consultation with a friend of mine who is an expert, I'm not going to pursue this any further. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect