Bomb Threat Made Against The Nation

Jai Dee

Bomb threat made against The Nation

Police are checking a bomb threat made over the phone against The Nation Wednesday afternoon.

A caller called a receptionist at 1:18 pm, saying he had planted three bombs inside The Nation's compound.

The unidentified caller said he had set the bombs to explode in three hours.

Soldiers and police from Bang Na station are checking whether there are bombs planted in the compound.

"Listen carefully, I've planted three bombs inside buildings of Nation Group. I don't want to hurt people. I want to only to inflict damages to property. So, evacuate all people now. I did this because I was dissatisfied thta Nation Group published reports damaging to Thaksin without verifying information whether Thaksin was behind the bomb attacks. Nation Group presented one-sided reports to frame Thaksin and always publish biased reports. I've timed the bomb to explode in three hours. So, evacuate people now," the caller said.

Source: The Nation - 3 January 2007

:o Toxin should come clean and make a broadcast from Bejing saying that he emphatically discourages any action by his former supporters that will lead to instability in the Kingdom...he has not done so and thus is under a cloud of suspicion IMHO...Dukkha

:o Toxin should come clean and make a broadcast from Bejing saying that he emphatically discourages any action by his former supporters that will lead to instability in the Kingdom...he has not done so and thus is under a cloud of suspicion IMHO...Dukkha

I agree, but I am not holding my breath.

His consistent pattern of silence reveals his true intent, that is, he is happy to let his minions take revenge and intimidate on his behalf :D while giving his silent approval on the matter and refusing to condemn the thuggery.

A caller called a receptionist at 1:18 pm, saying he had planted three bombs inside The Nation's compound.

/../

"I did this because I was dissatisfied thta Nation Group published reports damaging to Thaksin without verifying information whether Thaksin was behind the bomb attacks.

A Thaksin-lover planting bombs since his angry people fingered Thaksins men for planting the other bombs...the irony is staggering.

well, it doesn't surprise me that the fanatical Thaksin supporters have stooped to this low act.

? Are you sure???

What act?

What Supporter?

What?

- you're just making a personal political comment, based on nothing.

Personal political comment based on nothing????

The comment is clearly based on the information that the caller gave themselves.

They mention Thaksin 3 times.

They state that they are a supporter by the comments they make.

The caller clearly states how unhappy they are with the way thay the poor fellow is being treated.

Exiled, living in a squat in london.

Now forced to relocate to China, obvoiusly due to the high cost of living in the UK.

well, it doesn't surprise me that the fanatical Thaksin supporters have stooped to this low act.

? Are you sure???

What act?

What Supporter?

What?

The comment is clearly based on the information that the caller gave themselves.

The caller clearly states how unhappy they are with the way thay the poor fellow is being treated.

Now forced to relocate to China, obvoiusly due to the high cost of living in the UK.

What Caller? Said what?

Do you believe everything that you hear on face value here?

By the way I just got a phone call from you relative asking you to give me 100,000 baht. She mentioned your name three times, can you western union it over to me, soon as, please. She was clearly a relative of yours because she knew your name, and stated how unhappy she was that I was short of cash for a new condo.

Are you one of these "travellers"? What does that mean? You get a bus to your special needs classes?

I agree, but I am not holding my breath.

His consistent pattern of silence reveals his true intent, that is, he is happy to let his minions take revenge and intimidate on his behalf :D while giving his silent approval on the matter and refusing to condemn the thuggery.

You have not been reading the news on TV have you? Thaxin came out and said it had nothing to do with him (The orig bombs).He then said that it was amazing how the powers that be can blame him just hours after the event,yet they can not find one single bomber in the south over the last 3 years......

smoke mirrors etc etc....

You have not been reading the news on TV have you? Thaxin came out and said it had nothing to do with him (The orig bombs).He then said that it was amazing how the powers that be can blame him just hours after the event,yet they can not find one single bomber in the south over the last 3 years......

smoke mirrors etc etc....

Thats a different story. My comment referred to confessed or identified Thaksin supporters who are involved in low acts (bashing old people, planting hoax bombs for intimidation), and where Thaksin did not publicly condemn the actions of his supporters.

? Are you sure???

What act?

What Supporter?

What?

What Caller? Said what?

Do you believe everything that you hear on face value here?

By the way I just got a phone call from you relative asking you to give me 100,000 baht. She mentioned your name three times, can you western union it over to me, soon as, please. She was clearly a relative of yours because she knew your name, and stated how unhappy she was that I was short of cash for a new condo.

Are you one of these "travellers"? What does that mean? You get a bus to your special needs classes?

jasreeve17,

I will resist the temptation to respond in a personal manner to your well thought out and articulate response.

I have not questioned your level of education, and would hope that you have the same respect for others.

This is a serious issue, and i do hope that the threat turns out to be a hoax, as do we all i am sure.

The nation is clearly quoted in the original post as stating that the caller mentioned they were a supporter of Thaxin.

If you are unsure, please re read the original post.

This may or may not be fact.

As it was the Nation that recieved this phone call, we do need to take some of the facts that they are relaying, at face value.

Or maybe they just made it all up.

Now every want to be political protester will start calling in these calls and some my even plant some small devices. Whoever is doing it needs to stop before it graduates to another mess we don't need. Enough damage has already been done.

What I do not understand is that The Nation is pretty small in terms of circulation. There must be a dozen or more newspapers with more readers, and it's certainly number two in terms of the English Language readers in Bangkok. I have read their article on the front page and it's fair and balanced. It's reporting fact with nothing in the way of personal comment. Anything that suggests involvement of the previous regieme is merely quotes of what is being said by other people.

Does this mean the caller to The Nation has a decent grasp of the English Language ? I wonder if calls to their offices are recorded, as they are in some of the major news organisations in the UK? Many questions but, for now at least, not much in the way of answers.

What I do not understand is that The Nation is pretty small in terms of circulation. There must be a dozen or more newspapers with more readers, and it's certainly number two in terms of the English Language readers in Bangkok. I have read their article on the front page and it's fair and balanced. It's reporting fact with nothing in the way of personal comment. Anything that suggests involvement of the previous regieme is merely quotes of what is being said by other people.

Does this mean the caller to The Nation has a decent grasp of the English Language ? I wonder if calls to their offices are recorded, as they are in some of the major news organisations in the UK? Many questions but, for now at least, not much in the way of answers.

The Nation Group publishes thai language papers also.

The call could have been made in Thai... and received by a Thai receptionist... and translated into English for their news service.

All pure speculation at the moment... until an update is issued by the Nation.

I went to a Thai restaurant at Xmas, and the tom yam was a bit iffy.

Its my belief that Thaksin supporters in the kitchens were wee-weeing in the soup saucepan.

:o

The call could have been made in Thai... and received by a Thai receptionist... and translated into English for their news service.

All pure speculation at the moment... until an update is issued by the Nation.

Yes - a good point. Like you said - just speculation and, as someone that also works in the media here, I really hope it does turn out to be a false alarm.

phuket will be next so stay away from soi bangla.. unless u r crazy

Please quote your source for this piece of vital information...

.. if its speculation, then please indicate that in your post. Otherwise your post will be seen as scare tactics and scare mongering and your credibility will disappear. thanks!

I went to a Thai restaurant at Xmas, and the tom yam was a bit iffy.

Its my belief that Thaksin supporters in the kitchens were wee-weeing in the soup saucepan.

:o

I thought revenge was sweet, not sour. :D

Besides, if they can bash old people and plant hoax bombs, surely they are capable of spitting in your soup :D

it wouldn't surprise me if the entire incident was cooked up by the Nation, they have no journalistic integrity as far as i am concerned.

i put my money on there being no bombs found.

its a crude way of vilifying thaksin sympathisers.