Pundits Handicap Post-Yingluck Opposition Leaders

webfact

Pundits Handicap Post-Yingluck Opposition Leaders

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

pp.jpg

Three possible successors to lead the post-Yingluck Shinawatra opposition, from left: Phumtham Wechayachai, Sudarat Keyuraphan and Chaturon Chaisang.

BANGKOK — A sudden vacancy atop the political opposition movement has prompted early short-listing of the next leader of the embattled Pheu Thai Party.

Any notions that Pheu Thai would not survive Yingluck Shinawatra’s apparent flight from justice last week were dispelled Tuesday with a brief party statement that it would continue operating. It said to expect a statement from Yingluck, who is rumored to have made her way to Dubai, in “due time.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/08/29/pundits-handicap-future-post-yingluck-opposition-leaders/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-08-30

I don't know enough to advocate on behalf of any candidate.

However, I do hope that the next leader of the 'Reds' comes from outside the Shin family. 

The people from the North and North East have repeatedly spoken with one voice; they do not believe that Bangkok has met their needs. And based on their numbers and needs, they deserve to have a strong voice in national affairs.

I truly hope that the :'Reds' find a voice to represent them, but one that comes without all the Shin baggage.