Indian Food

FarangNoi21

where to get cheap but good indian food in bangkok? i usually get my fix at the emporium but its pretty expensive.

I have always found that Indian Food in Bangkok is prepared by Thais who seem to forget that a decent curry should be prepared with different spices AND NOT with fistfulls of Chillis

go to Boh Bae Market, around there is a kind of Indian scenery with lots of Indian food

where is it?

This Market (actual a multi store building) is THE wholesale place for textiles in Thailand

any Taxi Driver knows how to bring you there (somewhere in the middle of Bkk) :o

where to get cheap but good indian food in bangkok? i usually get my fix at the emporium but its pretty expensive.

Try the freezer in the 7/11, If you can't afford to own a microwave either they can heat it up for you if you ask.

Indian food in 7-11? :D :D :D:bah::o:D

Try the freezer in the 7/11, If you can't afford to own a microwave either they can heat it up for you if you ask.

Actually the frozen Rang Mahal meals are pretty good.

Cheers

Try "Thanon Pan" - off Silom Road, on the left hand side coming down from Sala Daeng sky train towards the River - A few cheap, inexpensive and also not greasy places! Not posh environment but the food is tasty and fresh ! There is one place called "Chennai" plus a smaller one next door - great samosas, indian tea and lassis :o , opposite there is also a good Burmese food place.

We were there last weekend and will also be there this week with Burmese friends :D . Handy for us as relatively local.

Best of luck and enjoy!

Actually the frozen Rang Mahal meals are pretty good.

Cheers

Till you read the ingredients label. 85% of your suggested total saturated fat intake for the entire day in a small microwave meal of which 70% is rice, I can't even fathom how they manage that.

I've never seen any Indian food at 7-11 in Thailand, and I've been in hundreds. Where exactly can this be found? I thought this was a joke post but a couple others have commented on it as well. :o

I've never seen any Indian food at 7-11 in Thailand, and I've been in hundreds. Where exactly can this be found? I thought this was a joke post but a couple others have commented on it as well. :o

To be honest I hadn't seen them in 7/11 , but in the supermarkets.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

An Indian friend took me to Komala, an Indian place on the left side of Sukhumvit Soi 20 (could have been soi 18). Its a pretty basic place, which is a bit set back from the road. It serves southern Indian food; don't remember any meat on the menu. The food is served on plastic tray on banana leaves, I think. Kind of like an Indian fast food place-- very simple and clean. Set lunches run under 150 baht or cheaper. Of course, if you want hi-so Indian food, it costs $$. :o

Edited by mauiguy90

Planet Bollywood in Silom

The best mutton biryani I have had in Thailand

more specific directions please.

Last night I ordered from there and the quality was outstanding. Try the vegetarian samosa, mutton biryani and the boti kebak.

You can order from www.foodbyphone.com or see below

Planet Bollywood Restaurant

No. 13 Sathorn Soi 1,

South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek,

Sathorn, Bangkok 10120

Tel : 026776249

Mobile : 086-8359541

Edited by pampal