Bangkok Bank

If you go to branch that is not being "difficult", you can get an account with just your pasport and a tourist visa. If you go to a branch that doesn't want to open you an account, nothing you bring will be enough. I'd say you have plenty enough already to open an account. I see you're in NY, NY. You know they have branch there, right?

lannarebirth's info is spot on.

And if any Thai bank will do, then Kasikorn Bank may be easier to deal with. :o

Naka.

I have accounts at both Bkk Bank and Kasikorn. In my experience, Kasikorn is MUCH easier to deal with.

lannarebirth's info is spot on.

And if any Thai bank will do, then Kasikorn Bank may be easier to deal with. :o

Naka.

I have accounts at both Bkk Bank and Kasikorn. In my experience, Kasikorn is MUCH easier to deal with.

Bangkok Bank are a pain if you want Internet Banking but if you have an account at the Kasikorn you can get it without any problems.

Edit - Kasikorn telephone support is always spot on as well, Dunno about Bangkok Bank, Never called them.

Edited by EmptyMind

Edit - Kasikorn telephone support is always spot on as well, Dunno about Bangkok Bank, Never called them.

I did a few months ago and they didn't pick up.

I also emailed BB w/ a specific question and got an automated response to visit my branch.

i have a non imm b visa what do i need to open a account with bkk bank? i know i need the letter from my embassy, anything else?

Sorry for the delay in responding - I have been through this loop recently and succeded. Full instructions below:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...25#entry1735189

I made one small error in the above...

The queuing systems screens in Bangkok Bank head office are at the back but to the right

thanks guys all done, I have a k bank acct, but I got alot of hesitation when it came to depositing us checks, so I went to bkk bank no sweat at all, they take my checks and other foriegn currency in the international area upstairs. Very happy, but they did require that i had a paper from the us embassy.

Edited by tb86