You know you've been in Thailand too long when:

george

:o

George.   Greeeeaaat!

A lot of them are new to me, to most of them I feel offended.

I mean a beer at 9:00 am, WHY SO LATE?

Mind if I pass them on to a couple of friends, just to make them recognize themselves?

• Like 2

You know you've been in Thailand too long when:

...You stand on the toilet seat of western loos.

...You put your coat on as soon as the temperature hits the low 80's.

...You suddenly find you like the smell of durian.

...You dilute your whisky with so much water it becomes clear.

...You put ice in your larger (beer).

...You find you have an irrational fear of going to the fridge at night in your 4th floor condo incase you slip 30 feet through the French doors and over the balcony.

etc...

• Like 2

Shouldn't it be "You know you've been slumming in Thailand too long when..."?

How about you start a new thread ? " You know you've been living in a tower of ivory too long when ? "

a) You keep posting in the wrong forum.

:o You argue with every ones opinion.

c) You think people are interested in yours.

all hypothetical of course.

???

You stand in the shadow of a telephone pole while waiting for a bus.

Yeah, watching school girls waiting for a bus in a line ten deep in the penumbra of a telephone pole. If the bus takes long enough they slowly walk around the pole - kind of a human sun dial.  :o

• Like 1

I have been here only 5 years

but recognise & had a good giggle at George's list

Except:

"It’s two days before payday, so you only go to bars with balloons strung outside."

Maybe I haven't been here long enough yet

cos I don't understand that one ...

Anyone care to Educate me?

Roger

You know you've been in T'land to long, when:

- You wear your crash helmet back to front and perched on top of your head

- You get your wife, 3 kids, pooch in the front basket and laundry on your moped and then do a Uey to go back and pick up mae-yai as well

- You wear your helmet as far as the intersection with the cop, then take it off as soon as he's outta sight

- You feel the moped is not prestigious enough and move straight up to a Honda SUV, by mortgaging your measly one rai of land and eating to eating nothing more extravagent than kwi-tiaow.

- You throw your Thai pooch over a temple wall and go down to Chatuchak and get a pedigree St Bernard.

You realise you can't afford to buy petrol for theSUV, feed both the St Bernard and your wife, so one of them has to go. Tricky choice, but hey, her phone calls were getting expensive.......................

• Like 1

I have been here only 5 years

but recognise & had a good giggle at George's list

Except:

"It’s two days before payday, so you only go to bars with balloons strung outside."

Maybe I haven't been here long enough yet

cos I don't understand that one ...

Anyone care to Educate me?

Roger

Roger,  there was this farang who lived in Pattaya some years back.   He was a well known "balloon chaser".  He would go to bars that had balloons hung outside knowing full well that there was a party there, and free food.  He would always stand up, never sit, so he could hold the paper plate with one hand and eat with the other.

When a girl would ask him what he would like to drink,  he would reply...."How can i possibly hold a glass and eat at the same time?"    

Once he had finished he would leave, not buying anything.

I believe several bars banned him.  :o

• Like 2

- You get your wife, 3 kids, pooch in the front basket and laundry on your moped and then do a Uey to go back and pick up mae-yai as well

- You wear your helmet as far as the intersection with the cop, then take it off as soon as he's outta sight

Plachon:

You are obviously living/staying in Issarn because that is *so* spot on!

Plachon:

You are obviously living/staying in Issarn because that is *so* spot on!

Talking of Issan... You look forward to the day when that pickup arrives enabling you to exchange a manky flea bitten old mutt who howls all night for nice brand new, well behaved & quiet plastic bucket !!!       ???

Still can't work that one out ...   :o

• Like 2

Talking of Issan... You look forward to the day when that pickup arrives enabling you to exchange a manky flea bitten old mutt who howls all night for nice brand new, well behaved & quiet plastic bucket !!!       ???

Still can't work that one out

OK Glen. Let me explain.

Isaan is famous for eating dogs.

When the dog  van comes around you give your dog away and in exchange you get a plastic bucket.