You Stupid Backpackers

ChiangMaiThai

Here is my take on what Ausiefell was trying to say :D

As a foreigner who has moved to Thailand, that is all you will ever be, a foreigner with no rights.

As a foreigner who has moved to Australia, after being resident for a period of time you will be eligible for payments from the government (Unemployment benifet for not working, unmarried mother payments, housing assistance, etc), not to mention all the other rights you get if you take out citizenship (such as voting, etc). :o

I enjoy living in a multicultural environment and have no problem with people moving to Australia to live (I will be retiring to LOS :D, however most people coming to live in the west get a much better deal, from the government, than foreigners moving to live in Thailand.

:D

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you windy, put far better than I did :D

You also left out, government officials in Thailand looking to sqeeze money from us whenever they can as well, which doesn't happen in the west.

And Eggy, It was not a racist comment, how can I be a racist and live with a Thai? So I DENY IT. I was trying to draw comparisons, if you can't see that you're educationally challenged. BTW close your mouth its making me feel sick :o Eggy, what a stupid ###### name.

Educationally challenged? - applies more to somebody who can't spell aussie. Sorry, couldn't resist getting that one in. Back to the point:

Windy has put it well, so I understand it, too.

What is often 'forgotten' in comparing immigration laws between countries is the enormous difference in income. Do you expect to be treated in a Thai hospital for 30 Baht at government expense? - I don't. I wouldn't dream of demanding from my Thai neighbours to support me through any hardship, although they probably would.

What I am saying is, we are not all equal, people come from differently privileged backgrounds.

Aussiefella, you are ignorant and cretinous. "How can I be a racist and live with a Thai". If you think that proves your non racist credentials then read the quote in my earlier post of your sojourn in England and tell me which part is not racist.

Eggy-it was a nickname given to me at Oxford as other students felt I was a bit of an Egg-head. Obviously educationally challenged. I would like to bump into you one day to debate the matter.

None of it is racist. Open your eyes and read what I am actually trying to say, others can see it why can't you?

I guess its something to do with that privilleged education you are so proud of at Oxford... no less. What, are we all supposed to be impresses by that? It don't impress me, I have recruited and trained people with degree's etc and had their careers in my hand, and me with a basic high school education. From my life's experience education means nothing, state of mind is more important. Your education is clouding the issues here, its a shame, but a common occurance of the highly educated.

Go and lie down in a dark room and maybe you WILL be able to see the wood for the tree's :o

:o Seems to me that there is an element of ex-pat snobbery here. I've observed it on many posts and it makes me puke. Do you think Thailand is for you alone. Would you like to be selective with whom is allowed in?. As has been said, you are no more entitled to be here than any other farang. Live and let live. These so called louts, propping up the bars are what this county thrives on. Without them, you would have no Pattaya, Hua hin, or Phukets, to name a few.

or Phukets, to name a few.

I have studied my map of Thailand and I still can only find the one Phuket.

As for the Lonely planet book the readers of this publication don't seem very lonely to me.

They generally hang around together seeing how long they can stay away from their own country and having competitions on how little money they spend.

The book on the other hand is an excellent source of how to piss people off by doing tourism by numbers,i.e. after you have seen number nine get on an upcountry bus with as much luggage as you can carry and go and see attraction number ten.

On no account wash your hair or body, Thai people and also me find the smell of stale sweat absolutely great.

Don't forget to haggle over one baht or so, Thai's think it's charming, you can also show off your bargaining skills you have learnt from the book to your travelling companions.

My god you lot really think you own this country don't you.

Anyone who isn't in the 'I live in Thailand' club must be some form of tosser.

Thank god most of you live in Bangkok and Chiang Mai and there are many places away from the 'ex pats' where one can interact with real Thai people. You know, the ones who can speak more than 10 words of Thai and don't act like they own the place. (even though they are the people that actually do!)

Thank god most of you live in Bangkok and Chiang Mai and there are many places away from the 'ex pats' where one can interact with real Thai people. You know, the ones who can speak more than 10 words of Thai and don't act like they own the place. (even though they are the people that actually do!)

Erco?

Wish I could - a nice little one rai plot with house and car port would do me very nicely, thank you. But as us lot

in the 'I live in Thailand' club .

all know, farangs cannot own land.

Thank god most of you live in Bangkok and Chiang Mai and there are many places away from the 'ex pats' where one can interact with real Thai people. You know, the ones who can speak more than 10 words of Thai

i thought all thai people could speak more than 10 words of thai.

calm down steveyboy.

Erco?

Not erco

but a Thailand expert on the the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree. Steve252

TH

I actually wonder if it's him... .. On the Lonely Planet board I don't think I've ever seen Steve252 get upset about anything.. I sincerely wish those two posts hadn't been censored, I'd like to point people to a case of Steve252 flipping his lid (or even showing any emotion at all. :o )

I actually wonder if it's him... ..  On the Lonely Planet board I don't think I've ever seen Steve252 get upset about anything..    I sincerely wish those two posts hadn't been censored, I'd like to point people to a case of Steve252 flipping his lid (or even showing any emotion at all. :D )

There should be some sort of link on this site that could take us to a 'Censored Posts Vault'.

I've arrived a bit late on this but I do like to see backpackers losing their temper. You'd think it a rarity being as they're so 'at one with Thailand and it's culture' less than a month into their stay. :o

Ok, it's definitely NOT everyones favorite knowledge-vault from the Thorn-tree.. I wrote him:

> Hi Steve,

> Did you recently write a couple of posts on the Thaivisa.com forum??

> I ask because they seemed so un-like you.. :o Could be some imposter

> or whatever..

And he replied:

> LOL - you're the 9th person to tell me ;-)

> feel free to state with unequivocal authority that it's very

> definitely not the same steve252 as posts on the Thorn Tree

> cheers!

So that clears that up.. :D