Trump ally Stone to testify to House panel probing election meddling

webfact

Trump ally Stone to testify to House panel probing election meddling

tag-reuters.jpg

Political advisor Roger Stone poses for a portrait following an interview in New York City, U.S., February 28, 2017. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Roger Stone, a longtime ally of President Donald Trump, said on Thursday he had agreed to testify in a closed hearing to the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee in its investigation of possible Russia meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

"All 20 members of the committee will be present for the hearing," Stone, an informal adviser to the Republican president, said in a statement.

The hearing will be held on Sept. 26.

Stone said he had asked for an open, public hearing in the interest of full transparency. Since it will be closed, he has requested an immediate release of transcripts to avoid confusion about his testimony.

"I very much look forward to testifying and I am anxious to correct a number of the misstatements by committee members regarding my activities in 2016," Stone said.

A spokeswoman for Representative Mike Conaway, the Republican in charge of the committee investigation, declined comment.

The House panel is one of the main congressional committees investigating allegations that Russia sought to interfere in the 2016 U.S. election and probing whether any Trump associates colluded with Moscow.

Russia denies any such efforts, and Trump has dismissed any talk of collusion.

Media reports earlier this year said that Stone was among Trump associates whose communications and financial transactions were being examined by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and others as part of the broad investigation.

At the time, Stone denied contacts or collusion with the Russians.

(Reporting by Mark Hosenball; Additional reporting and writing by Patricia Zengerle; Editing by Leslie Adler)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-09-15

9 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Will stone tell the truth?

Surely you jest!

There is a recent documentary about Stone out there (made by Netflix).  Incredible, in an in-admirable way.  Hint: he has a tattoo of Richard Nixon.

If you've wondered where DT gets some of his insane stuff from this film will provide more than a few answers.

One of his rules: "deny deny deny"

Roger Stone is a head case. he is a regular on Alex Jones/Infowars. Just go on you tube and type in Roger Stone, Alex Jones Info Wars and you will see dozens of different shows he has done with Alex Jones. The man is a complete fruit cake. I have no idea why the media give him the band width.

Stone is the self-professed "King of Dirty Tricks", and proud of it.

And a Nixon worshipper, operative. We all know how that turned out.

He and Manafort, go way back.

Don't expect this scum-bag to be forthcoming.

From Nixon to Trump, the Long, Shady Career of Roger Stone

"He’s a trailblazer of political mudslinging, a Nixon fanatic, and gleeful spewer of alternative facts."

"For nearly half a century, Roger Stone has been deploying unconventional political warfare,

most recently as an adviser to Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign.

"Stone’s motto, “admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack,”

perfectly describes Trump’s behavior during the race and now, his presidency."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/roger-stone-trump-timeline/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.png

20 hours ago, iReason said:

3.png

As I look at the photo of the 3 men, I think of how many Republican right-winger dirty-tricksters like them have intentionally debilitated the US over the past decades.  Forget the 'Commie threat,' AIDS, Drugs, N.Korea, heart disease, Al Qaeda, black lung, ISIS,  ....... men like that have done much more harm to the US than all those threats combined.

Noam Chomsky said in a recent interview, something to the tune; "The Republican Party is the most dangerous institution to the US, EVER"

I tend to agree.

Edited by boomerangutang

14 minutes ago, riclag said:

Who cares.This is a waste of time.  The Clinton,Obama and Trump people have all done some wrong in the grand picture of politics.They are all immune to justice. 

I do believe one Clinton got in big trouble for lying. LOL

19 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

As I look at the photo of the 3 men, I think of how many Republican right-winger dirty-tricksters like them have intentionally debilitated the US over the past decades. 

Lee Atwater.  I've long suspected that in the course of his tenure as GHW Bush's campaign manager he found out things he wasn't supposed to know, and this may have had something to do with his sudden bout and subsequent death from a strange ailment, dead by age 40 (he was born the same year as me, I tend to notice these things :shock1:).  Not that he was a sympathetic figure, that Willie Horton business was a landmark in using racism as a campaign tool.  Maybe sometimes that karma stuff plays out in this life.

There's another GOP boogie man who has been haunting the WH since the 1980s, his name is Elliot Abrams, he's sort of the Goering of neoconservatism.  He's the one who looks like Steve Jobs' even more evil twin (at least when they were younger); you rarely see his face or hear his name in the media since Bush 43.  Seems that Cheeto doesn't like him.  For now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-rejects-veteran-gop-foreign-policy-aide-elliott-abrams-for-state-department-job/2017/02/10/52e53ce6-efbd-11e6-9973-c5efb7ccfb0d_story.html

Edited by bendejo