Chiang Dao Acommodation

hong

Hi guys,

I like to visit Chiang Dao. Is it is good to stay overnight there? Which is the prefer or best resort stay you would recommend?

Which one has a nicest relaxing bungalow?

http://www.chiangdao.com/chiangdao/accommodation.htm

http://www.chiangdao.org/accommodation.htm

1. Chiang Dao Lodge

2. Yang Tone Farm Stay

3. Chiang Dao Inn Hotel

4. Huan Duan Resort

5. Nature Home Guesthouse

6. Rim Doi Resort

7. Pieng Dao Hotel

8. Malee's Nature Lovers Bungalows

9. Country Home Resort

I try to search for Malee's Nature Lovers Bungalows and Yang Tone Farm Stay, but can't get in their website.

Do you guys have any pictures to show of the above places? Pls share with me,,,thank you ; )

Edited by hong

Hi guys,

I like to visit Chiang Dao. Is it is good to stay overnight there? Which is the prefer or best resort stay you would recommend?

Which one has a nicest relaxing bungalow?

http://www.chiangdao.com/chiangdao/accommodation.htm

http://www.chiangdao.org/accommodation.htm

1. Chiang Dao Lodge

2. Yang Tone Farm Stay

3. Chiang Dao Inn Hotel

4. Huan Duan Resort

5. Nature Home Guesthouse

6. Rim Doi Resort

7. Pieng Dao Hotel

8. Malee's Nature Lovers Bungalows

9. Country Home Resort

I try to search for Malee's Nature Lovers Bungalows and Yang Tone Farm Stay, but can't get in their website.

Do you guys have any pictures to show of the above places? Pls share with me,,,thank you ; )

I don't have a scanner, otherwise, I would scan you a copy of all the brochures I have. If you come by our restaurant, "Mon and Kurt's Restaurant and Guesthouse" in Chiang Dao, we have flyers and business cards for most of the above mentioned places laid out at our table near the front. We also have budget rooms for 250 per couple w. hot water shower, free coffee in the morning and free internet.

If you are looking for something in a more peaceful, upscale setting, I would recommend Yang Tone Farm Stay, Rainbow Resort or Chiang Dao Country Home resort.

A little cheaper but also in a beautiful setting would be Mon Kiangdao Resort.

Another budget place like ours would be Cees, who has some free standing, newer bungalows on the road beside the MP Station.

There are really too many accommodations to list in Chiang Dao, so i would recommend coming up here and choosing a place when you get here.

Unless you are staying at Cees, Chiang Dao Inn or Mon and Kurt's, which are all close to the highway and you can get the bus to stop right in front of Chiang Dao Inn or Mon and Kurt's Restaurant and Guesthouse, I would suggest that you bring your own wheels, as local songtheaws from the bus stop are very expensive (Example: Chiang Dao bus stop to Malee's 200 - 250 Baht one way) I'm not talking about the songtheaws that are going from Chiang Mai to Fang. They are only 40 Baht to Chiang Dao and will stop, like the bus, where you ask them to.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Kurt

ChiangDao nest is by far my favourite.

You will need to book in advance at this time of year.

Malee's is also nice, very family orientated atmosphere.

The nest has wonderful fusion food, she changes the menu every evening.

Highly recommend it.

chiangdaonest.com

I have stayed at Malee's many times. Accommodation is fine and food is good. Prices are reasonable. It gets very booked up around New Year. Beer is heavily marked up, though I think this is a deliberate policy to deter drunkenness. I would certainly recommend it.

I like Chiang Dao Nest. (your first link) But haven't tried any of the other ones. (and probably won't try them on any future trip either).

For the intrepid backwoods travellers like Chanchao you can visit a number of tribal villages surrounding Chiengdao and simply ask to stay the night. Most Lisu villages in the Chiengdao area are quite accomodating and you may find more beginner English speaking Lisu than you will rural Thais. Accomodations are very basic and usually 'with' the family. A one night experience is usually enough.

I understand it is damned cold at the moment, thankfully I left before the cold set in. Probably a fair few "pee phong" aka a red nose that the ghosts like to eat ( Kham Muang) .

.....Ken

I like Chiang Dao Nest. (your first link) But haven't tried any of the other ones. (and probably won't try them on any future trip either).

For the intrepid backwoods travellers like Chanchao you can visit a number of tribal villages surrounding Chiengdao and simply ask to stay the night. Most Lisu villages in the Chiengdao area are quite accomodating and you may find more beginner English speaking Lisu than you will rural Thais. Accomodations are very basic and usually 'with' the family. A one night experience is usually enough.

I understand it is damned cold at the moment, thankfully I left before the cold set in. Probably a fair few "pee phong" aka a red nose that the ghosts like to eat ( Kham Muang) .

.....Ken

Good on ya Kenny!! Just gotta continue proving what we already know. :o