Dwarf man crushed to death by roadside bench

webfact

Dwarf man crushed to death by roadside bench

By The Nation

A dwarf man was found dead, crushed by a wooden bench at a deserted taxi motorcycle stand in Bangkok’s Bang Plad district early on Friday.

Police said the 80-centimetre-tall man was found lying face-up with a wooden bench on his chest at an unused motorcycle taxi stand in front of P Chemical Equipment Co Ltd on Sirinthorn Road.

The bench was about 50cm tall and about 200cm long. It weighed about 50kgs.

The man had no ID card when found and police had not yet identified him. Police found Bt443 cash on him.

Thanom Sukcharoen, 67, a security officer of Suzuki showroom nearby, said he spotted the man walking around at 3am. Thanom said he asked the dwarf man where he was going and the man replied that he was going to Bangkok. A few hours later, the dwarf man was found dead at the same spot.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327388

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-22

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Thanom said he asked the dwarf man where he was going and the man replied that he was going to Bangkok.

This sounds like a classic fairy tale... headed to the big city to make his fortune, struck down by an evil bench. 

Predictably  the  majority  of  the  comment has  no sympathy  for  the  death  of  a  person considered  irrationally  as  inferior!  The  fact  that he/she  was  dwarf makes  an  individual   less  worthy  of respect??????

Probably  the  same  mentality  that  led  to  the  death !  But   of  course  no speculation  as  to the  very  real  possibility  that that same  mentality was the  cause  of  the  death  ! 

Dwarf  or  not is  there  no question as  to   the  how   or  why a   seat bench  crushes  someone??  

No.  Instead  a  congregation  of  ugly   fat   barstards  deride  the  death   with  stupid comment they assume  is  humour !

12 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Predictably  the  majority  of  the  comment has  no sympathy  for  the  death  of  a  person considered  irrationally  as  inferior!  The  fact  that he/she  was  dwarf makes  an  individual   less  worthy  of respect??????

Probably  the  same  mentality  that  led  to  the  death !  But   of  course  no speculation  as  to the  very  real  possibility  that that same  mentality was the  cause  of  the  death  ! 

Dwarf  or  not is  there  no question as  to   the  how   or  why a   seat bench  crushes  someone??  

No.  Instead  a  congregation  of  ugly   fat   barstards  deride  the  death   with  stupid comment they assume  is  humour !

What goes around will come around.

19 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I agree that the amount of tastless comments, shows the mentality of so many

on this forum. Back to the Bangkok forum for all of you thick browed folks.

Geezer

Well now the comments are to be expected and give two benefits. They give some people a chuckle, and others get a chance to climb up on a pedestal and signal their flawless virtue. Win win.

11 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Well now the comments are to be expected and give two benefits. They give some people a chuckle, and others get a chance to climb up on a pedestal and signal their flawless virtue. Win win.

Two benefits?  The  expectations  are  limited  to  the narrow interpretation of  opinion as  to  being  solely  for  benefit? 

7 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Two benefits?  The  expectations  are  limited  to  the narrow interpretation of  opinion as  to  being  solely  for  benefit? 

I never mentioned opinion, I said the comments are to be expected.  Those were very predictable comments. Those jokes would have been made in any era throughout history. Probably more funny now since the PC crowd has begun the war on humor and that type of joke is now risque.

54 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

I agree with the PC crowd. Making fun of dwarfs shows a tiny mind. Or anybody else for that matter. Except Aussies. They're fair game because they pretty stupid.

The headline from the nation starts out with the word "Dwarf".   It didn't announce the death of a person, so the stage was set for some rather unkind remarks.   I wish I wouldn't have chuckled at some of them, but I did.    

RIP, little person.   

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I never mentioned opinion, I said the comments are to be expected.  Those were very predictable comments. Those jokes would have been made in any era throughout history. Probably more funny now since the PC crowd has begun the war on humor and that type of joke is now risque.

Fair  defence.

But  the  dwarves  I  know  I  doubt  would  see  the  humour  at  all.