Where can I get Ritalin?

stevymac

I tried to get some for a friend a few years ago and traipsed around to some of the dodgier areas to pharmacies to try and buy it. None of them would sell it or even confirm they had it.

Seems it would be pretty difficult to find.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's for attention deficit, try getting a top notch pair of ear plugs.

I used these Howard Leight ones to get a good score on the MCAT to get into medical school and a lot of us used them there to be able to focus on studying for 12-14 hours a day:

https://www.lazada.co.th/earplugs-foam-plugs-leight-laser-lite-nrr32-snore-sleep-1-pairsll-1-hot-8859402.html?

The auditory exclusion really helps focus.

You can't walk about like that on the street and drive, because it's dangerous, but you if you get distracted easily, these work as well as Ritalin in my experience.

Any of that soft foam type will work, but the hard foam yellow ones are uncomfortable to wear long. Walmart sells the best ones, which are purple. So, if you can get someone to bring you a big bag from there, that would be best.

They are great for eliminating traveling noise too, and reducing associated fatigue.

Unless you have gigantic ear canals, you can cut off the tips so they don't go in as  far.

Otherwise, if you wear them a lot, they can pack your ear wax against your eardrum, and you won't be able to hear as well, and may need to have your ears cleaned by a doctor eventually.

You can get a spray that won't let the wax build up too.

So, they have these side effects, but so does Ritalin, and I know this works for attention enhancement from personal experience.

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

I doubt you can, but even if you can: As far as i know if you take Ritalin a test for amphetamines will be positive, this would cause serious troubles if police would test you and you can't present a prescription from a doctor, so you should really not use Ritalin if you don't get it through a prescription.

HAHAHA

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

I doubt you can, but even if you can: As far as i know if you take Ritalin a test for amphetamines will be positive, this would cause serious troubles if police would test you and you can't present a prescription from a doctor, so you should really not use Ritalin if you don't get it through a prescription.

I agree with you mate. Someone who says that it can be bought in a Pharmacy on Nana has no idea what he is talking about.

Ritalin is a highly restricted medicine in Thailand, and actually everywhere in the world I assume.

My son, Thai national, has been prescribed Ritalin by a psychiatrist because even general doctor is not allowed to prescribe it, and has to travle to Sriracha or Bangsaen to receive the medicine, since in Pattaya or Banglamung government hospital the medicine isn't even available.

When we go pick up the medicine, I can get only 60 tablet at any given time, I will have to sign a paper at which address he will stay with a copy of my passport.

moved to health forum

Post on illegal activity and reply to same remo=ved

Ritalin and its generic equivalents are strictly controlled drugs in Thailand and can only be obtained, on prescription, at a hospital pharmacy.

• 9 months later...
I get my add ritalin prescription from medconsult (www.medconsultasia.com) and it costs 25 baht a tablet Ritalin 10mg, it's the most reasonable I've found.

Took me 10 years to find it in Bangkok at a reasonable price 

Are you able to get the generic Methylphenidate? My hospital only carries the Brand

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/19/2017 at 10:01 PM, twig said:

If it's for attention deficit, try getting a top notch pair of ear plugs.

I used these Howard Leight ones to get a good score on the MCAT to get into medical school and a lot of us used them there to be able to focus on studying for 12-14 hours a day:

https://www.lazada.co.th/earplugs-foam-plugs-leight-laser-lite-nrr32-snore-sleep-1-pairsll-1-hot-8859402.html?

The auditory exclusion really helps focus.

You can't walk about like that on the street and drive, because it's dangerous, but you if you get distracted easily, these work as well as Ritalin in my experience.

Any of that soft foam type will work, but the hard foam yellow ones are uncomfortable to wear long. Walmart sells the best ones, which are purple. So, if you can get someone to bring you a big bag from there, that would be best.

They are great for eliminating traveling noise too, and reducing associated fatigue.

Unless you have gigantic ear canals, you can cut off the tips so they don't go in as  far.

Otherwise, if you wear them a lot, they can pack your ear wax against your eardrum, and you won't be able to hear as well, and may need to have your ears cleaned by a doctor eventually.

You can get a spray that won't let the wax build up too.

So, they have these side effects, but so does Ritalin, and I know this works for attention enhancement from personal experience.

ADD is real. It's caused by dopamine deficiency. Attention deficit is not necessarily the issue, it's channeling ones attention. People with ADD can hyperfocus as well. No earplugs needed.

• 11 months later...

Archived