Police officer ‘commits suicide’ while at dinner with colleagues

webfact

10 hours ago, lucjoker said:

this is no news, merely a half story....not intresting

not our business.........loss of time

Nope, it's not about a human being who died under tragic circumstances. And no, it's got nothing to do with the usual Farang barstool stories. I feel very sad for his family and friends, who might be in deep shock.

And no, a cop would never be in such deep debt that there's no more way out. No money shark, who might have helped him a bit. No, the story isn't worth to comment. 

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Chest first, ever think about that?  And it didn't say which part of the chest.

He right handed so a selfie in the chest would either be in the middle of the chest or perhaps slightly to the left. He would have fallen and possibly lost consciousness within seconds of the point blank shot .

Can't imagine he would then have the strength to pick up the gun and selfie the head. A chest shot will do some serious damage. 

8 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Nice try but crap. Hierarchical integrity? Higher Status get protection? Read again the year's headlines. Generals jailed. Royal decorations stripped. Corrupt politicians jailed. Come back in a few years and try again. Your confusion will fade like morning mist, etc. 

8 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Briggsy said, " The criteria for deciding this is related to the relative social status of the various stakeholders in the case. "

The generals only got jailed, the royal decorations only got stripped (I am surprised you brought that up), the corrupt politicians jailed because people (stakeholders) higher than them wanted it, not because the law was applied equally.

However, I can see from your aggressive tone that you are not one who discusses things calmly and objectively. So I will leave it there.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Great idea, speculate bizarrely and accuse the dead man of corruption and other things (what other things?) when no one else even mentioned it in the OP.

Of course they won't mention it in the OP.  And I didn't accuse him of anything.  I just offered my opinion.

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

He right handed so a selfie in the chest would either be in the middle of the chest or perhaps slightly to the left. He would have fallen and possibly lost consciousness within seconds of the point blank shot .

Can't imagine he would then have the strength to pick up the gun and selfie the head. A chest shot will do some serious damage. 

Of course the first shot could have been the head shot, the chest shot was just to make sure..... 

3 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Nope, it's not about a human being who died under tragic circumstances. And no, it's got nothing to do with the usual Farang barstool stories. I feel very sad for his family and friends, who might be in deep shock.

And no, a cop would never be in such deep debt that there's no more way out. No money shark, who might have helped him a bit. No, the story isn't worth to comment. 

Now , the story gets interesting , never mind your assumptions could be completely wrong.Maybe he was <deleted> in the ass by his superior(s) got HIV ....infected his whole family and went to a loan-shark so he could buy medicine for his sick family ? The loan-shark finally butchered his whole family and just told him on the telephone ,while he was gambling in a shady bar with some fellow cops? 

But ....not every event is a movie script, and in this case it was a boneless story .....

But dont worry , on this forum they will make a movie-script about it in 10 minutes, i feel the tears rolling already........

Thanks for your script anyway , i will consider it...... 

18 hours ago, Ron19 said:

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Winston Churchill

Ironically it almost certainly wasn't Churchill that said that. Most likely Mark Twain.

25 minutes ago, turgid said:

Ironically it almost certainly wasn't Churchill that said that. Most likely Mark Twain.

From the internet. 

This is perhaps one of the more popular quotes attributed to Churchill in recent years. But even if he said it, and I’ve found no reliable evidence that he did, many other people said versions of it before him.

Before the turn of the 21st century, the quote was more often attributed to Mark Twain. For some reason, sometime in the late 1990s and early 2000s there’s a shift and many quote books start attributing the saying to Churchill.

The Mark Twain version of the quote often uses “boots” instead of “pants,” but either way, Twain was far from the first to express this sentiment, if he did at all. The most common date ascribed to Twain using this quote is 1919. Twain died in 1910.

There are dozens of instances of this quote popping up in the 19th century, asQuote Investigator helpfully lays out. And the sources are all different, as you can see.

In 1840, one publication attributed it to Thomas Jefferson: “falsehood will travel over the country, while truth is pulling on its boots.” While a magazine from 1846 called it a Chinese Proverb: “Error will travel over half the globe, while truth is pulling on her boots.”

But the oldest version might come from as early as 1787 in a collection of sermons written by the British clergyman Thomas Francklin: “Falsehood will fly, as it were, on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps, though sure, are slow and solemn...”

Whoever said it first, it wasn’t Churchill.

11 hours ago, greenchair said:

Depends where the bullet enters, doesn't it?  It would not have to be in the middle or slightly to the left.

11 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Of course they won't mention it in the OP.  And I didn't accuse him of anything.  I just offered my opinion.

The OP would have mentioned it if it had been reported, as it hadn't it's unfair to make suggestions (that is what you did) the he was up to no good and was corrupt (that is what you did also).  What you said was not an opinion on the OP's report, it unfounded speculation making an accusation.

precinct’s financial clerk,

There might be a clue as to his demise, suicide or otherwise.

I can only add a couple of thoughts:

--If I was going to decide to off myself, would I really choose a restaurant bathroom in the middle of a dinner with my work colleagues as my place to go? Really?

--If I was going to off myself, would I really shoot myself in the chest and then have the wherewithal to decide that wasn't going to be enough and add another round to the head?  Really???

Something smells bad in the bathroom...

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There might be a clue as to his demise, suicide or otherwise.

I can only add a couple of thoughts:

--If I was going to decide to off myself, would I really choose a restaurant bathroom in the middle of a dinner with my work colleagues as my place to go? Really?

--If I was going to off myself, would I really shoot myself in the chest and then have the wherewithal to decide that wasn't going to be enough and add another round to the head?  Really???

Something smells bad in the bathroom...

You're right, there are too many why's. There are things going on at that place,  where I'll rather keep my mouth shut.The place is well known for quite a lot of dangerous things. 

Would somebody really want to end his life with a gun, a cop should know best on how to do that without a second shot. Wouldn't a profi shoot in his mouth, that the bullet would leave through his skull, or stuck inside? 

A cop would make sure that he's really dead and not in a wheelchair, or hospitalised for a long time. 

Of course does the bathroom with so many other guests sound very strange. But I guess we'll never find out what really happened.

I just can't believe that such an experienced cop with 52, would do such a suicide. Can't you smell that smell ? The smell is around you.............

But tomorrow might not be here for you....RIP>

Edited by jenny2017