Facial Care/ Wash/ Cream

LadyinRed

My T zone is making me cry :o

And I cried on my gal friends' shouders only to hear they are going nuts with this La Mer cream they bought at duty free. They were really expensive and they swore by it. The box says of the cream: "...created throught a 3-4 month bio-fermentation process..." - what the heck is that?

I have a T zone problem which Biotherm can fix but as I am unemployed now I stuck with Smooth E cream and Biore facial wash - they didn't do as well as Biotherm but I am happy with them.

My gal friends are telling me about this 'miracle broth' that La Mer has - but for that price, do they really work?

I've read previous threads on SK II - I have used those products as well - but I feel they aren't working unless you buy the whole set. They make my tanned skin looks 'patchy' - probably this skin whitening agent they have in there.

So ladies, what type of skin care regime do you have? Do you go to facials in beauty salons as well?

Edited by LadyinRed

Some vitamin C night cream I bought in the US as well as some Neutrogena cream I bought in the US. For a wash, neutrogena again.

Can't afford the really expensive ones and my understanding is that they generally have little effect.

Instead, I don't drink (much), don't smoke and don't sunbathe (and haven't for years). I am also fortunate in having good skin genes.

My mother always taught me, take care of your skin and it will take care of you. She is 66 years old and has beautiful skin. I hope to have the same when I am her age :o

Thanks SBK, I do have good skin, and take very good care of myself, and I understand the importance in moisturizing - thanks to Kat!

It just baffles me the price of this La Mer cream... As far as I can tell my gal friends only started using them, so I can't see if the cream worked on them or not. And yet they were raving about it like there's no tomorrow. Could it be because of the price tag or does it really 'work'?

Any other comments?

I use Cetahphil. I have sensitive oily skin and as I got older I found all the stuff I used as a teenager were too strong. Cetaphil is fragrance free, non-comedogenic etc etc. I use the facial cleanser and moisturizer. I also find the more water I drink the better my skin looks.

I have a prob with hypersentistive skin , I'm not able to use cosmetic (always get rash on my face)

I use only plain water for washing my face :o

For Make up, i use baby powder and lipstick/gloss :D

I mask my face with fresh aloe vera sometimes

Study: most wrinkle creams don't work. Source: webmd

Those "breakthrough" anti-wrinkle creams now dominating department store cosmetics counters don't really work all that well, shows a Consumer Reports investigation that compares wrinkle creams. And neither do their less pricey drugstore counterparts.

Investigators found no correlation between price and effectiveness in the wrinkle creams they tested. One of the cheapest -- Olay Regenerist -- performed slightly better than the rest.

But none of the tested brands produced dramatic results in terms of reducing wrinkles.

At $57 for the cream, lotion, or serum, Olay Regenerist was the top performing product, followed by Lancome Paris Renergie, at $176, and RoC Retin-Ox+, at $135.

One of the worst performing products, La Prairie Cellular, was also one of the most expensive, at $335 for an ounce of day cream and 1.7 ounces of night cream.

So, instead, save a few bucks and buy a daily sunscreen :o

Weinkle agrees that price has little to do with effectiveness when it comes to antiaging skin products.

"Just because you pay more doesn't mean you are getting more," she says. "You really have to look at the ingredients."

She adds that wearing a sunscreen every day will do more to prevent new wrinkles than any face cream on the market.

"Wrinkling comes from ultraviolet light, so you can use expensive wrinkle creams until the cows come home," Weinkle says. "But they aren't going to do much good if you don't protect your face from sun damage."