Huay Tung Tao cycle alternative

ZeVonderBearz

I usually get to Huay Tung Tao before the pay wall comes into effect but this morning I delayed my ride as it was raining. Having come back from a vacation around Thailand and managing to get Thai entry price everywhere I went using my work permit I thought todays visit to Huay Tung Tao would be no different, I was wrong and they charged me full whack.

Does anyone know any nice cycle alternatives where you can ride without the dangers of Thai traffic and relatively care free?

Edited by ZeVonderBearz

There's the 5km circuit as you come off the canal road and head towards Huay Tung Tao. Turn right just after the temple.

I do a few circuits and then take the cycle track parallel to the canal to the 700 year stadium before heading back.

There's a gate at the top end of the 5km circuit that allows you to enter Huay Tung Tao.

12 minutes ago, Loaded said:

There's the 5km circuit as you come off the canal road and head towards Huay Tung Tao. Turn right just after the temple.

I do a few circuits and then take the cycle track parallel to the canal to the 700 year stadium before heading back.

There's a gate at the top end of the 5km circuit that allows you to enter Huay Tung Tao.

I do the same route. Cycle track then the 5km circuit. Very nice.

2 hours ago, sharktooth said:

I do the same route. Cycle track then the 5km circuit. Very nice.

2 hours ago, Loaded said:

Cheers for the heads up. I'll check it out next time

57 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

Me too but i have never been stopped at any gate at HHT, at any time of day or night.

The few times I attempted to enter on my bicycle, they wanted to charge me.

I've seen Thai cyclists go through for free, but they want farang to pay.

I usually get to Huay Tung Tao before the pay wall comes into effect but this morning I delayed my ride as it was raining. Having come back from a vacation around Thailand and managing to get Thai entry price everywhere I went using my work permit I thought todays visit to Huay Tung Tao would be no different, I was wrong and they charged me full whack.

Does anyone know any nice cycle alternatives where you can ride without the dangers of Thai traffic and relatively care free?

If you go into the first parking lot at the bottom of the HTT access road there is a paved loop for runners and cyclists.
At the top corner there is a gate that is usually open if you want to get to the road around the lake.
There are dirt tracks off both these loops that will have no cars on too.
Mountain biking is a great way to ride, avoid cars and enjoy nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, junglechef said:

If you go into the first parking lot at the bottom of the HTT access road there is a paved loop for runners and cyclists.
At the top corner there is a gate that is usually open if you want to get to the road around the lake.
There are dirt tracks off both these loops that will have no cars on too.
Mountain biking is a great way to ride, avoid cars and enjoy nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry didn't see other comments above

so same same :smile:

"managing to get Thai entry price everywhere I went using my work permit I thought todays visit to Huay Tung Tao would be no different, I was wrong and they charged me full whack."

What kind of figures are talking here? I was there the other day. It cost 70 Baht for 3 of us to get in - I guess 35 for the wife and I and child free? They asked to see my D/L.

27 minutes ago, elektrified said:

"managing to get Thai entry price everywhere I went using my work permit I thought todays visit to Huay Tung Tao would be no different, I was wrong and they charged me full whack."

What kind of figures are talking here? I was there the other day. It cost 70 Baht for 3 of us to get in - I guess 35 for the wife and I and child free? They asked to see my D/L.

Full whack is 50B for farang. Maybe the 70B you were charged was 50B for yourself and 20B for your wife (assuming she's Thai). 

52 minutes ago, elektrified said:

50 Baht is too much for you? Maybe it is more affordable in Bangladesh.

Haha I'm surprised this comment didn't come earlier. Money isn't the problem pal, it's the fact I live and work in the country and contribute by paying income tax but despite this they want me to buy a tourist ticket. 

5 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Haha I'm surprised this comment didn't come earlier. Money isn't the problem pal, it's the fact I live and work in the country and contribute by paying income tax but despite this they want me to buy a tourist ticket. 

I agree.

I pay more tax, through my Thai business, to the Thai government than an average Thai village.