Thai drugs suspect arrested in Pattaya sting operation

webfact

Thai drugs suspect arrested in Pattaya sting operation

By The Nation

wlp.jpg

Image: Facebook

Police arrested a Thai man suspected of pushing drugs to foreign tourists in Pattaya late Sunday night.

Pol Lt-Colonel Daluiyaphat Techarayasit, deputy commander of the centre against international crimes at the Central Investigation Bureau, led his officers and Chon Buri immigration officers to arrest Sanya Sae-ui, 45, at a Pattaya hotel.

The arrest was made after Sanya allegedly handed over 5 kilograms of marijuana to a foreign informant.

Daluiyaphat said police planned the sting operation after the informant told them that Sanya had been selling marijuana to foreign tourists on Pattaya’s walking street.

Daluiyaphat said he had the foreign informant contact Sanya via the LINE app, offering to buy 10kgs of marijuana for Bt140,000 but Sanya delivered only 5kgs.

Daluiyaphat said Sanya had previous convictions for carrying a gun and selling pirated goods.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30330368

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-30

1 hour ago, khunOo said:

Does the foreign informant have work permit and valid visa for such activity?

If not, suspect will walk free after some tea money/contraband change hands and case will be dropped due to technicality.

I was wondering the exact same thing, if the RTP organised a work permit for him to do volunteer work for them???

Something for the arm chair lawyers to ponder about ...work permits.

RTP regulations allow a police officer to make ""ANYONE"" a deputy police officer ( informant???) for any reason for a limited period of time.

In Canada: ""ANYONE"" may arrest without warrant a person 'found commiting' an indictable offence..section 554 of the Criminal Code - been a long time since I worked in Canada, section 554, might/could be different now.

Many countries have such laws.

I would take "anyone" to mean just that...anyone!

Edited by edwardflory
spelling

10 hours ago, khunOo said:

If not, suspect will walk free after some tea money/contraband change hands and case will be dropped due to technicality.

The informant has nothing and hopes to recurve and never will 

10 hours ago, khunOo said:

Stupid !

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I was wondering the exact same thing, if the RTP organised a work permit for him to do volunteer work for them???

Stupid, again!

Why this nagging about work permit all the time, even when it has nothing to do with it. There is none needed for this kind of activity and recruitment.
Only foolish to mention.

12 hours ago, khunOo said:

You forget where you are  -  TIT they can make anything stick.............I am sure the informant doesn't need a work permit to assist the police in an investigation.

theres a clear picture of the foreigner on another news outlet at the sting. it says it's believed the assailant wasn't acting alone in the area. i'd be watching over my shoulder if i was that foreign bloke. mind your own business mate, really don't get involved. you have nothing to gain but a lot to lose