Beer

chanchao

i scrolled through the best places to drink/party in CM, but soon got bored trying to find what i wanted. so i'll ask it out right.

where is the best beer in cm?

(Seems these topics get a lot of response. Go. :o )

post-6796-1168566668.jpg

Edited by chanchao

i scrolled through the best places to drink/party in CM, but soon got bored trying to find what i wanted. so i'll ask it out right.

post-6796-1168566668.jpg

At the German brasserie behind Carrefour ?

When I come into town I like to vist #1 Bar - soi 1, loi kroh.

They have the usual beer selections but also several Belgian beers (Freddy the owner is Belgian).

Enjoy

The best beer in CM?? Easy! Chaing mai German brewery behind carrefore. Nice show, GREAT beer (from pilsner to weiss beer), and decent food. :o

Completely agree - anyone who has been there will say it is the best in Changers!

Agreed.

a bit pricey the beer?

Guiness on tap at the Queen Vic..

Not real... Malaysian cack :o as with anywhere that sells it for under 350 baht... although not knocking The Vic.

Better off buying a can of 'Real' draft Guinness and pouring it yourself. :D

post-6796-1168566668.jpg

You could of course give the Red Lion or O'Malley's a go, Chanchao :D

The best beer in CM?? Easy! Chaing mai German brewery behind carrefore. Nice show, GREAT beer (from pilsner to weiss beer), and decent food. :o

Completely agree - anyone who has been there will say it is the best in Changers!

Agreed.

a bit pricey the beer?

They have a happy hour from 5 til 8 on mondays to thursdays and it works out about the same as Chang. But a half litre is 130 baht - so it's only about 30 baht more than you would pay for Heineken and it is soooooo good.

Agreed on the German Brewery. Fantastic beer, and as stated during happy hour they do (or did) 2 for 1.. The quality is far better than your standed Chang/ Heiny type beers..And the pork knuckle is simply out of this world..

i work pretty close to it. passed by it many times. think its time i payed a visit to a neighbour :o but don't the german beers get you "high" pretty quick?? I do wanna hang out till at least 11.00pm if i start drinking at 6.00.

Agreed on the German Brewery. Fantastic beer, and as stated during happy hour they do (or did) 2 for 1.. The quality is far better than your standed Chang/ Heiny type beers..And the pork knuckle is simply out of this world..

i work pretty close to it. passed by it many times. think its time i payed a visit to a neighbour :o but don't the german beers get you "high" pretty quick?? I do wanna hang out till at least 11.00pm if i start drinking at 6.00.

Yes. The best beer - i think it's called weizen bock - is something like 7.9%

Out of interest, does anywhere in CM have the likes of Singha on tap? Hardly anywhere seems to have Thai beers on tap, quite strange that!

A huge number of places have draft local beer (on tap) & this is usually Chang or Singh, but draft beer is usually sold by the jug, rather than by the glass.

Draft beer in Thai is called 'Beer Sot' (fresh beer) & that's what you need to ask for.

The best beer in Chiang Mai, as many others have already attested, is without doubt the German Microbrewery, in the business park immediately behind Carrefour. Their whole range of beers are draft - it's a barn of a place, but the beer is FANTASTIC and the range EXCELLENT!