Army style Muay Thai camp for a young adult

Sighto

Hello all,

My nephew is 20 yo, and he really needs to go away for 2/3 months.

As he really loves sports and challenges, he is looking for 2/3 months Muay Thai training camp. 

He wants a place where he can seriously concentrate on the training, and have a residency program.

I would candidly translate it as : " Find me a Army-style, rigourous training camp : I really need to have my life back together. "

I am personally a Thai resident now. I did long research, and I find plenty of " tourists gyms " in Pattaya, Phuket, Sukhumvit road. This is not what i am looking for.

Thanks a lot for any recommendations !

I'm not sure what you mean by 'army style'.

A lot of gyms have resident programs - Start training 8am with a 10km run, into the gym for 2 hours for boxing.  Back at 3pm for a 4km run then another 2 hours training.

I did live at a gym for a while (Sasiprapa in Lad Prao/Bang Kapi) but got bored of the lack of amenities so I rented an apartment nearby with air con and a hot shower.

Is he a complete beginner?  Or he has some muay thai experience?  It's worth factoring that into your decision so he chooses a place that will give him quality training.  Gyms have resident fighters that they have to concentrate on in order to make money so if he's not already at a certain standard he may not get the attention he needs from the trainers.

On 11/27/2017 at 6:17 AM, akirasan said:

I did live at a gym for a while (Sasiprapa in Lad Prao/Bang Kapi) but got bored of the lack of amenities so I rented an apartment nearby with air con and a hot shower.

Yes total beginner. 

- Will look this gym.

Tks !

On 11/27/2017 at 6:57 AM, steven100 said:

google Muay Thai ....  also streetfightmag.com ....   have a list of Muay Thai camps in Thailand.

Thanks Steven,

Of course I did and spend hours googling.

- But I am looking for reviews and recommendations, as there are infinite options 

I find this guy http://www.muaythaischolar.com/category/reviews/muay-thai-camps-thailand/ comparing, rating and recommanding camps. Helpfull.

Regards

Archived